Can Any Tech people explain to me the ways around the Macbook Air's low Hard Drive Capabilities?

I'm not a designer, producer, artist, musician etc.

I like the Air cause its simple and I can do my job - (Finance, analytics, etc. on excel/power point)

Im not a gamer

I use an ipod and an ipad - I'm ok with apple stuff - and if you tell me how the specs of apple computers/tablets are low because of processing power/ chips/ ram/ etc. - I will tell you I like to watch Netflix - Thank you. :lol:

The only thing that bothers me is the low hard drive space? I googled this and of course I got alot of tech talk involving SSD slots etc.

The only thing I can think of is an external hard drive with a USB port? But that seems a bit outdated now carrying a brick of a harddrive around

BTW I use the extra space - just for itunes movies and music. Again nothing super ad-van-ced (it won't let me type ad*****d without censor?)

Can anyone explain to me a good way to fix this issue? In um...non super tech talk?

Last edited:
I'm not a designer, producer, artist, musician etc.

I like the Air cause its simple and I can do my job - (Finance, analytics, etc. on excel/power point)

Im not a gamer

I use an ipod and an ipad - I'm ok with apple stuff - and if you tell me how the specs of apple computers/tablets are low because of processing power/ chips/ ram/ etc. - I will tell you I like to watch Netflix - Thank you. :lol:

The only thing that bothers me is the low hard drive space? I googled this and of course I got alot of tech talk involving SSD slots etc.

The only thing I can think of is an external hard drive with a USB port? But that seems a bit outdated now carrying a brick of a harddrive around

BTW I use the extra space - just for itunes movies and music. Again nothing super ad-van-ced (it won't let me type ad*****d without censor?)

Can anyone explain to me a good way to fix this issue? In um...non super tech talk?
i hear theres an update coming soon with more space
could be wrong though

If you needed so much memory you should have never got the air

Just get an external hardrive.

Get a larger SSD.

Replacing it is extremely simple if you follow directions.

Large solid state drives are expensive as f_.

I've never owned a Mac and don't plan it but I'm not seeing what's stopping you from just getting a miniaturized 1TB HDD assuming the SSD in Mac's are using SATA cables.

Large solid state drives are expensive as f_.

I've never owned a Mac and don't plan it but I'm not seeing what's stopping you from just getting a miniaturized 1TB HDD assuming the SSD in Mac's are using SATA cables.

:lol: I understand now. Thanks

Last edited:
Bitcasa.com account, unlimited space for your files and appls. It stores your data off-site, but it will operate as if its being copied to your internal ssd drive. Its a monthly service though.

SSD are expensive, i bough the latest macbook air and chose the 256gb drive, which is sufficient space for me.

To be honest if you are worried about space you should have done some research before buying an Air. *I hate apple products btw lol*

Anyway you can use Google drive but that requires hard drive space. You can also use a smaller external drive like a western digital passport.

Back
Top Bottom