Can anybody school me on the NAVY?

Originally Posted by Ishnaga

Come to Hawaii you will see some TA chits disapproved. But yea officers do live the cake life.
If you can run miles n miles ...u can be a officer and u would love it. I'm also ready to move on with the mili
Politics like crazy has ruined my thurst. Do your research op!!

can you elaborate on this for me? Do Officers run that much more?

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

Come to Hawaii you will see some TA chits disapproved. But yea officers do live the cake life.
If you can run miles n miles ...u can be a officer and u would love it. I'm also ready to move on with the mili

I looked into joining OCS school when I got out of college. I talked to my cousin who is a Naval officer told me that running is part of their m.o. She said they go on plenty 3-5 mile "fun" runs like its nothing. The only thing that stopped me from joining was the fact that a Fortune 500 company came a hollered at me. If not for that, I'd be rockin the white bell bottoms right now. Also I have a classmate from college who went up to Newport and was back in 2 weeks. She said she couldnt do it. From what I've heard the Marines and Navy have the toughest Officer schools. Good luck to you though. 

Trust me when I say, the runs are easy. They will be challenging, but at a pace that's doable. Everything is a build up too. When you get there you wont be expected to run 5 miles. Its a good idea to be in great shape before you go though. One less thing to lose sleep about there. Any thing physical you do there, just tell yourself that it will at some point be over, and just push through it. It builds a lot of confidence. And of course OCS is hard, don't expect anything else. That's why y'all get paid the big bucks.

Originally Posted by Young Street86

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

I looked into joining OCS school when I got out of college. I talked to my cousin who is a Naval officer told me that running is part of their m.o. She said they go on plenty 3-5 mile "fun" runs like its nothing. The only thing that stopped me from joining was the fact that a Fortune 500 company came a hollered at me. If not for that, I'd be rockin the white bell bottoms right now. Also I have a classmate from college who went up to Newport and was back in 2 weeks. She said she couldnt do it. From what I've heard the Marines and Navy have the toughest Officer schools. Good luck to you though. 
Yeah I heard that OCS is tough but to be honest based on what I've heard is that is you show up in good shape you'll be OK. As of now I can almost max out the pushups, I'm outstanding on situps, the only thing I lag on is the running where I'm just good. OCS has an 85%-90% graduation rate (at some point, people get rolled) anyway, from what I've heard the only way people don't graduate is if they quit or get injured.

If your stationed in Hawaii and some badass aliens come down you know what you gotta say

Spoiler [+]
Screen-Shot-2012-05-21-at-2.44.18-PM.png

Back
Top Bottom