Can anyone tell me the material that incases the air unit in af1s?

I'm going to do a sole reglue and re-stitch on a recently acquired pair of af1s. I want to know what kind of material the "inner" midsole is made out of. I cant find anything online about it. It feels like some kind of foam. But I'm not really sure. Also I am going to use the og outsole, would it be possible to use the og "inner" midsole as well?

Do you have a concern about something? You should be fine reattaching the sole.

Do you have a concern about something? You should be fine reattaching the sole.
I'm concerned about the air wedge/mid sole crumbling. They are a 2007 release and they were separating as soon as I got them, which is why I dont want to do the repair unless the midsole would in theory, be structurally sound.

Not all AF1’s are the same. You’re going to have to separate the shoe to find out. Most likely it’s a polyurethane air wedge in which case you’ll want to find a longer lasting replacement

Not all AF1’s are the same. You’re going to have to separate the shoe to find out. Most likely it’s a polyurethane air wedge in which case you’ll want to find a longer lasting replacement
I did separate the sole, I just dont know what the material is, when I get home from work ill post pics

Attachments

• 15796255541272742274900922334742.jpg
    15796255541272742274900922334742.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 15796255762713868284854762248574.jpg
    15796255762713868284854762248574.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 36
Well you’ve got your hands on the the component in question. Give it a once over, poke and prod it, then go from there.

Well you’ve got your hands on the the component in question. Give it a once over, poke and prod it, then go from there.
I did kind of poke at it and stuff, it feels like pollyurathane, its doesn't really crumble but if you flex it and twist it it kind of cracks I'm really torn...I'll just but a new af1 for the air unit I dont want these to crumble lol. Thanks for the insight

Could you pull it apart or tear it if you tried? If yes, let them go.
No, they actually seem really strong I cant break them in half. It more looks like dry rot like it cracks around the edges, you can see in the pictures so I'd imagine it not a super big deal. I'm just new to restoring my sneakers, and I just recantly started collecting again.

No, they actually seem really strong I cant break them in half. It more looks like dry rot like it cracks around the edges, you can see in the pictures so I'd imagine it not a super big deal. I'm just new to restoring my sneakers, and I just recantly started collecting again.
*cant't

Back
Top Bottom