Can someone explain the importance of moral support to me Please

Long story short a lady friend of mine had a family member who was having a serious operation.  She was going to be there WITH HER FAMILY but yet still wanted me to be there also. I’m not a dr. on top of the fact she wasn’t goin to be there by herself yet still would’ve been upset if I wasnt there. So I sat in a hospital for 7 hrs for what? I just don’t understand the concept of “moral support.

Long story short a lady friend of mine had a family member who was having a serious operation.  She was going to be there WITH HER FAMILY but yet still wanted me to be there also. I’m not a dr. on top of the fact she wasn’t goin to be there by herself yet still would’ve been upset if I wasnt there. So I sat in a hospital for 7 hrs for what? I just don’t understand the concept of “moral support.

I can understand your frustration but it is a selfish POV. YOU might not see how it helps, but someone going through issues and wanting someone they care about around must mean something (psychologically/emotionally) to them. So stop thinking about you.

I can understand your frustration but it is a selfish POV. YOU might not see how it helps, but someone going through issues and wanting someone they care about around must mean something (psychologically/emotionally) to them. So stop thinking about you.

...sometimes you have to do things for people you care about...that you yourself have no desire to do.

...sometimes you have to do things for people you care about...that you yourself have no desire to do.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

She was going to be there WITH HER FAMILY
I sat in a hospital for 7 hrs

pimp.gif
You a better man than me. I definitely wouldn't of done that !*!*.
7 hrs??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wild.

She was going to be there WITH HER FAMILY
I sat in a hospital for 7 hrs

pimp.gif
You a better man than me. I definitely wouldn't of done that !*!*.
7 hrs??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wild.

yea isnt any pov selfish tho?
For the most part yes, which is why we are telling you to step out of your optical zone and look at what she wants/needs.

Now, 7 hours, I wouldn't have done that. 1 at the most. I don't know why you did THAT much.
laugh.gif

For the most part yes, which is why we are telling you to step out of your optical zone and look at what she wants/needs.

Now, 7 hours, I wouldn't have done that. 1 at the most. I don't know why you did THAT much.
laugh.gif

I think I read somewhere that a positive mindset when facing any medical issue is better than having a negative one. With that said, if it's someone you care for; that cares for you; or even the kindness given to a stranger...it's more reassuring to them to have someone with them even just your physical presence that could end up being a determining factor/tip the scales whether that person makes it out of that procedure/illness/whatever.

Your presence fosters positivity in their mind.

I think I read somewhere that a positive mindset when facing any medical issue is better than having a negative one. With that said, if it's someone you care for; that cares for you; or even the kindness given to a stranger...it's more reassuring to them to have someone with them even just your physical presence that could end up being a determining factor/tip the scales whether that person makes it out of that procedure/illness/whatever.

Your presence fosters positivity in their mind.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif

thats my whole point. idk why had to go at all, but since i was there and didnt know the designated/or expected time limit i stayed there til the end. i shouldve faked a injury or somethin and left.

moral support is bogus and overrated
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

thats my whole point. idk why had to go at all, but since i was there and didnt know the designated/or expected time limit i stayed there til the end. i shouldve faked a injury or somethin and left.

moral support is bogus and overrated
eyes.gif

agreed.

Its not about YOU, however, I would have passed in that situation. lol

agreed.

Originally Posted by IamMD

agreed.

def not about you...

agreed.

def not about you...

Originally Posted by Mike493961

agreed.

def not about you...

it is about me if i have to spend the rest of my day in attendance of something that I have absolutely no control of
there wasnt nothing i did there i couldnt have done over the phone
acceptable situation if she was by herself. fine i understand you dont have to sit in a hospital by yourself. But there was like 10 other people there
grin.gif

i may be selfish im acknowledging that but you mean to tell me im not makin any sense?
7hrs tho
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom