Can someone explain why people buy previous generation luxury cars?

So you're saying Jay Lenos and jerry Seinfelds paper ain't right because they have garages full of classic cars?Please OP do not reply to my post.

I bet money op drives a bucket or is broke and doesn't have a car or a job. But yet he's in somebody else pockets.

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by seth k

In nyc a lot of broke dudes with no jobs been throwing on cheap suits to loiter at starbucks..been going on for a year, at least. like that loser who knocked up the kardaahian. funny is that the wealthiest dudes I know dress EXTRA basic outside of work. when you have nothing to prove you just smell like money you dont have to wear tacky glasses or a $3000 suit to get girls

You're the same guy who said the above quote in the "Swag is for boys, class is for men" thread. Did a guy in a nice suit that was pushing a previous generation luxury car take your girl? Matter of fact, was it Scott Disick? Because you sound hurt.

Why are you guys trying to characterize me? I'm just wondering what makes a person try to ball on a budget, basically. And not that it's relevant but work pays for my truck. Luxury whips are status symbols, I didn't make that up. So what does that make older generation luxury cars?

Nothing wrong with an older whip if it looks good, drives good, and is affordable. Quite a few older cars hold their years after they come out. Your contradicting yourself here...in a whole bunch of other topics you constantly go on about how people with money don't wear expensive clothes, or so on....and then get on those who chose to drive an older model?

Originally Posted by Jking0821

So what if you buy a new 5 series in 2012...then keep it for 5 year because you don't like the look of a newer model....you aren't doing it?
What if you just like older models better so you buy a used old one...you aren't doing it? (2011 3 series is way nicer then 2012 they keep the 2012 body i would never buy that thing)

What if the new model has a remade engine or something that got bad reviews and older versions are more reliable?

What if you can get a 2011 for 10k cheaper and its the same looking as a brand new one...slap rims on the 2011 with the extra 10k seems like a better idea then a new one with stock rims.  Not making you cheap, just practical

There are tons of reasons OP.  New car depreciation alone is good enough for me.  Leasing is stupid if you actually like the car and want to keep it a long time.  But whatever

I want this

2572dc12ff6c8e36bf34675bd2bcaf82.jpg

This is an 08......old car ftl...would never want this...
333iss0.jpg

333is.  I want one in white so badly. 
devil.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by seth k

Do they not know that people can tell they’re driving the old version? 

Who are these "people"? It can't be strangers because they wouldn't know if you bought the car new when ti first came out and you've just had it for years. Would it be close friends and family members? Those who are close to you shouldn't really care either though if you like the car to buy it, heck even if it is to show off, most won't care and should support or offer advice instead of judge. 
^THIS. For all you know they could of bought the car the first day it was released and they dont feel the need to impress people they dont know by having the newest model but they still like the amenities of that car 2. Buying a new car is a horribly depreciating assest and rich people usually are somewhat wise with their money or else they wouldnt get and stay rich so if they choose to buy a new car they prefer to run it to the ground to get their value out of it.

Also one of my friends is looking for an older version 5 series as we speak and he is looking for that model because he loves that body style. He makes over 300K a year so money and impressing other people arent his motivating factors

Nothing wrong with buying new and holding onto it or passing it down in the family. My first whip was my Dad's older S4. I seriously doubt your story about your homey making 300 racks but is going to cop a e60 bmw. Unless you're talking about a classic 5 from the 80s or 90s that doesn't add up bro.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by niidawg3

i was gonna type out a long reply, but realized it wasnt worth it ... lol. 

Damn Nii, long time no see! 

Yall two used to murk the dressing better thread
sick.gif

Anyway, OP is the same dude made a thread on how to approach women on the street
laugh.gif

A certified lame worrying himself about what others are driving while he wonders why he doesn't get attention from females
laugh.gif

When you see a fraud willy in a previous gen luxury car ask them, "You know they makin new ones, right?"
laugh.gif

With a topic like this I highly doubt a company pays for your truck. You sound too simple to work for a job that would do that. You broke I'm pretty sure of it.

Buying a car when it was new and holding onto it =/= buying a used previous gen car

This dud e sounds foolish.  My girl's dad makes well into 6 figures yearly but he drives a 2001 Range Rover.  Can he afford a 2012? In a heartbeat.  But he likes the older style and he feels like they're more reliable. Also, I'd take a 2006 5-Series over a 2010 Camry any day. Who cares if the body style is older, as long as your comfortable in it.

Back
Top Bottom