Can Someone Post Those Old Trailblazers Stories? Vol. Sheed Retiring

In honor of Sheed (probably) retiring, can someone post those old Trailblazers stories?
From the Jailblazers days, some of them had to do with Sheed and Damon getting caught with weed, players getting in fights and cussing out the coach, etc.
They've been posted a few times before
I know someone has them saved
Always good for a laugh

In honor of Sheed (probably) retiring, can someone post those old Trailblazers stories?
From the Jailblazers days, some of them had to do with Sheed and Damon getting caught with weed, players getting in fights and cussing out the coach, etc.
They've been posted a few times before
I know someone has them saved
Always good for a laugh

Come on I know someone has them saved. I tried a google search and didnt find anything

Come on I know someone has them saved. I tried a google search and didnt find anything

Hopefully someone comes through with these... They were comedy.
laugh.gif

Didnt Zach Randolph throw a basketball off of Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje's head, knocking him out and he walked away laughing?

Didnt Zach Randolph throw a basketball off of Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje's head, knocking him out and he walked away laughing?

I still dont understand why one event wasnt publicized more. I was at a Warriors game back in the day and Rasheed ran into the stands to fight people after the game ended. Why didnt this get more nation wide attention? This was the same incident that caused Chris Mills to stand in front of the Trailblazers bus with a gun.

Crazy stuff.

I still dont understand why one event wasnt publicized more. I was at a Warriors game back in the day and Rasheed ran into the stands to fight people after the game ended. Why didnt this get more nation wide attention? This was the same incident that caused Chris Mills to stand in front of the Trailblazers bus with a gun.

Crazy stuff.

"Ball don't lie" 

"CTC"  (Cut the check)

Frost, I beleive it was Zach, Bonzi and Sheed, and the ball hit a teammate in the balls, and then they all walked away laughing as hard as they could. 
laugh.gif

There was the SI article where the players didn't even want to be there for their own Christmas charity function, and the photographers caught some pics of them lookin not too happy. 

Sheed and Damon and one other (I think) pulled over in a bright yellow hummer on the way home from a game IN SEATTLE 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  When they could have just gone home with the team, they wanted to take their own car, then we knew why. 
laugh.gif

That whole era was ridiculous.  Qyntel Woods using his basketball card as his ID.  Zach and his hookers, Damon getting stopped with weed like 3 times, as well as his home being broken into and having a bunch of it in his home.  The cops were all kinda confused on what to do wtih that one. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dale Davis couldn't make it to a game or practice or something cuz he was stuck at home......his driveway had too much snow in it. 

Every single day there was breaking news around here.  The media went nuts around here.  It was so bad, people were calling and making stuff up about players, just to get more drama stirred up.  It was great. 
laugh.gif

"Ball don't lie" 

"CTC"  (Cut the check)

Frost, I beleive it was Zach, Bonzi and Sheed, and the ball hit a teammate in the balls, and then they all walked away laughing as hard as they could. 
laugh.gif

There was the SI article where the players didn't even want to be there for their own Christmas charity function, and the photographers caught some pics of them lookin not too happy. 

Sheed and Damon and one other (I think) pulled over in a bright yellow hummer on the way home from a game IN SEATTLE 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  When they could have just gone home with the team, they wanted to take their own car, then we knew why. 
laugh.gif

That whole era was ridiculous.  Qyntel Woods using his basketball card as his ID.  Zach and his hookers, Damon getting stopped with weed like 3 times, as well as his home being broken into and having a bunch of it in his home.  The cops were all kinda confused on what to do wtih that one. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dale Davis couldn't make it to a game or practice or something cuz he was stuck at home......his driveway had too much snow in it. 

Every single day there was breaking news around here.  The media went nuts around here.  It was so bad, people were calling and making stuff up about players, just to get more drama stirred up.  It was great. 
laugh.gif

"Damon getting stopped with weed like 3 times, as well as his home being broken into and having a bunch of it in his home.  The cops were all kinda confused on what to do wtih that one."

I remember calling 95.5's morning show, telling PK to change the name of the Rose Garden to the Herb Gardan.  It was funny at the time.
grin.gif

"Damon getting stopped with weed like 3 times, as well as his home being broken into and having a bunch of it in his home.  The cops were all kinda confused on what to do wtih that one."

I remember calling 95.5's morning show, telling PK to change the name of the Rose Garden to the Herb Gardan.  It was funny at the time.
grin.gif

Whenever the Blazers sign a player to a 10-day contract the equipment manager provides the player with a free set of team-issue luggage. Sort of a welcome gift. Nothing incredibly fancy, but it’s way better than the stuff I have. So Omar Cook is signed a couple of years ago, and the luggage is placed in front of his locker. Cook was flying in from out of town, so he’s not there yet. Ruben Patterson, the team’s registered sex offender, sees the luggage, knows Cook isn’t around yet, and Patterson basically just decides he’s going to abscond the luggage. He just rips the name tags off and takes it. Nobody says a word, either. It’s not anything violent, but it demonstrates the lack of decency and respect that permeated.

Whenever the Blazers sign a player to a 10-day contract the equipment manager provides the player with a free set of team-issue luggage. Sort of a welcome gift. Nothing incredibly fancy, but it’s way better than the stuff I have. So Omar Cook is signed a couple of years ago, and the luggage is placed in front of his locker. Cook was flying in from out of town, so he’s not there yet. Ruben Patterson, the team’s registered sex offender, sees the luggage, knows Cook isn’t around yet, and Patterson basically just decides he’s going to abscond the luggage. He just rips the name tags off and takes it. Nobody says a word, either. It’s not anything violent, but it demonstrates the lack of decency and respect that permeated.

Maybe the GOAT ejection next to Tim Duncan's.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Can't forget Z-Bo hiding out at Dale Davis' house because Ruben Patterson was looking for revenge due to a sucker punch.

Maybe the GOAT ejection next to Tim Duncan's.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Can't forget Z-Bo hiding out at Dale Davis' house because Ruben Patterson was looking for revenge due to a sucker punch.

Q: There was a stretch there when the Blazers were the biggest joke in the league. We’ll get to the Oden era in a moment but first, we’d like your three best (told or untold) JailBlazer stories. And somewhat related – living in a relatively small city, were you ever mildly worried about your safety, especially since the cops said Zach Randolph rolled with gangbangers?

Jason Quick, The Oregonian beat reporter who covers the team, has seen far more than me. He deserves some kind of honorary beat-reporter medal for enduring what was the worst locker room in all of professional sports. There’s wide speculation among some Blazers employees that Sebastian Telfair was not accidentally carrying that gun on the plane in Boston that day he was busted for a concealed weapon, but that he was carrying the gun all the time because Telfair might have feared the entourage of a couple of teammates who didn’t like him. Maybe he had reason. Just before he was traded to the Knicks, someone on the gang enforcement team at Portland Police Department told me to pick up the MTV Cribs episode that featured Zach Randolph because the police had a copy, and noticed some disturbing details about the unsavory people who hung around Randolph.

Nevermind…

Here’s three random ones, off the top of my head…

Another time, in the visiting locker room in Dallas, I had Rasheed Wallace threaten to punch me after a playoff-game loss. Deadline was approaching, I’m the only writer in the locker room and I’m asking Rasheed questions, and he whips around, and tells me to get out of his space or he’s going to punch me out. At that point, his teammates are all looking to see how I react, and in no way am I going to back down. I’m looking at Rasheed, and thinking if he takes a swing I’m going to try and stuff him into the locker behind him if only because journalists everywhere need me to man up in that situation. Either that, or I’m going to get knocked out and blow my deadline. So I tell him I’m not moving. I just stand there, holding my notepad and recorder, and we’re staring at each other. He eventually storms past me to the shower, and while he’s gone Zach Randolph, a rookie then, leans in to me and says, “When ‘Sheed comes back, make sure you don’t have your back to him. He’ll sucker punch you.

Q: There was a stretch there when the Blazers were the biggest joke in the league. We’ll get to the Oden era in a moment but first, we’d like your three best (told or untold) JailBlazer stories. And somewhat related – living in a relatively small city, were you ever mildly worried about your safety, especially since the cops said Zach Randolph rolled with gangbangers?

Jason Quick, The Oregonian beat reporter who covers the team, has seen far more than me. He deserves some kind of honorary beat-reporter medal for enduring what was the worst locker room in all of professional sports. There’s wide speculation among some Blazers employees that Sebastian Telfair was not accidentally carrying that gun on the plane in Boston that day he was busted for a concealed weapon, but that he was carrying the gun all the time because Telfair might have feared the entourage of a couple of teammates who didn’t like him. Maybe he had reason. Just before he was traded to the Knicks, someone on the gang enforcement team at Portland Police Department told me to pick up the MTV Cribs episode that featured Zach Randolph because the police had a copy, and noticed some disturbing details about the unsavory people who hung around Randolph.

Nevermind…

Here’s three random ones, off the top of my head…

Another time, in the visiting locker room in Dallas, I had Rasheed Wallace threaten to punch me after a playoff-game loss. Deadline was approaching, I’m the only writer in the locker room and I’m asking Rasheed questions, and he whips around, and tells me to get out of his space or he’s going to punch me out. At that point, his teammates are all looking to see how I react, and in no way am I going to back down. I’m looking at Rasheed, and thinking if he takes a swing I’m going to try and stuff him into the locker behind him if only because journalists everywhere need me to man up in that situation. Either that, or I’m going to get knocked out and blow my deadline. So I tell him I’m not moving. I just stand there, holding my notepad and recorder, and we’re staring at each other. He eventually storms past me to the shower, and while he’s gone Zach Randolph, a rookie then, leans in to me and says, “When ‘Sheed comes back, make sure you don’t have your back to him. He’ll sucker punch you.

In July 2003, Stoudamire was back in trouble with the law. The former Rookie of the Year was arrested at an Arizona airport after he was caught with an ounce of marijuana wrapped in aluminum foil.

Derek Anderson - The swingman was once "spotted in 2005... going through a drive-through window at McDonald’s while his team was playing a game at the Rose Garden."

"Whenever the Blazers sign a player to a 10-day contract the equipment manager provides the player with a free set of team-issue luggage. Sort of a welcome gift. Nothing incredibly fancy, but it’s way better than the stuff I have. So Omar Cook is signed a couple of years ago, and the luggage is placed in front of his locker. Cook was flying in from out of town, so he’s not there yet. Ruben Patterson, the team’s registered sex offender, sees the luggage, knows Cook isn’t around yet, and Patterson basically just decides he’s going to abscond the luggage. He just rips the name tags off and takes it. Nobody says a word, either. It’s not anything violent, but it demonstrates the lack of decency and respect that permeated."

"Another time, in the visiting locker room in Dallas, I had Rasheed Wallace threaten to punch me after a playoff-game loss. Deadline was approaching, I’m the only writer in the locker room and I’m asking Rasheed questions, and he whips around, and tells me to get out of his space or he’s going to punch me out. At that point, his teammates are all looking to see how I react, and in no way am I going to back down. I’m looking at Rasheed, and thinking if he takes a swing I’m going to try and stuff him into the locker behind him if only because journalists everywhere need me to man up in that situation. Either that, or I’m going to get knocked out and blow my deadline. So I tell him I’m not moving. I just stand there, holding my notepad and recorder, and we’re staring at each other. He eventually storms past me to the shower, and while he’s gone Zach Randolph, a rookie then, leans in to me and says, “When ‘sheed comes back, make sure you don’t have your back to him. He’ll sucker punch you.

In July 2003, Stoudamire was back in trouble with the law. The former Rookie of the Year was arrested at an Arizona airport after he was caught with an ounce of marijuana wrapped in aluminum foil.

Derek Anderson - The swingman was once "spotted in 2005... going through a drive-through window at McDonald’s while his team was playing a game at the Rose Garden."

"Whenever the Blazers sign a player to a 10-day contract the equipment manager provides the player with a free set of team-issue luggage. Sort of a welcome gift. Nothing incredibly fancy, but it’s way better than the stuff I have. So Omar Cook is signed a couple of years ago, and the luggage is placed in front of his locker. Cook was flying in from out of town, so he’s not there yet. Ruben Patterson, the team’s registered sex offender, sees the luggage, knows Cook isn’t around yet, and Patterson basically just decides he’s going to abscond the luggage. He just rips the name tags off and takes it. Nobody says a word, either. It’s not anything violent, but it demonstrates the lack of decency and respect that permeated."

"Another time, in the visiting locker room in Dallas, I had Rasheed Wallace threaten to punch me after a playoff-game loss. Deadline was approaching, I’m the only writer in the locker room and I’m asking Rasheed questions, and he whips around, and tells me to get out of his space or he’s going to punch me out. At that point, his teammates are all looking to see how I react, and in no way am I going to back down. I’m looking at Rasheed, and thinking if he takes a swing I’m going to try and stuff him into the locker behind him if only because journalists everywhere need me to man up in that situation. Either that, or I’m going to get knocked out and blow my deadline. So I tell him I’m not moving. I just stand there, holding my notepad and recorder, and we’re staring at each other. He eventually storms past me to the shower, and while he’s gone Zach Randolph, a rookie then, leans in to me and says, “When ‘sheed comes back, make sure you don’t have your back to him. He’ll sucker punch you.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
"I told him three times to stop staring at me"... on some 4th grade type %%%
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom