Can someone school me on ECU or Temple University?

I am going to school for public relations. I really love both of these schools, but can't decide on where to go although I have done a lot of research onboth. Does anyone have any first hand experience on either of these schools? BTW, my GI Bill will pay for tuition and I will get $999 for housing in NC and$1768 for housing if I go to Temple. I probably won't get that many responses, but thanks in advance to those who do respond.

cost of living is much cheaper in NC if you're planning to stay off campus....ECU is a fun school according to my friends (white and black)....I planned ongoing there out of HS but i changed my mind because of a scholly i received from another school

Sup.

I go to Temple. Temple is a all around good school. Besides the business school and Networking nothing is to the extreme at temple. We have Basic facilitiesall the way around, every major, and every resource. We are also one of the more diverse in social groups. The crowd is basically what you make it andthere's something there for everybody. People that come out of temple are typically more well rounded in networking, people skills, team skills, and theirfocus of study. there are also alot of international opportunities.

If you don't mind me asking what nationality/ethnic/cultural background do you come from?

And what are you looking for in your college experience besides a great education?

ECU is a fun school, although during breaks it can be a ghost town (the downside of a small college town). Temple is a good school although it is in thenot-so-good neighborhood, its pretty fun with other schools nearby.

The cost of living will be cheaper in NC, however Philly doesnt charge sales tax on clothing so u can step up your shoe game with ease.

My best friend is a PR major at Temple.

Be prepared for alotta summer school

oh and be prepared to find your own housing after ur first year

^Thanks guys. I'm Philippino/Irish. And besides the education, I'm looking to getting involved in student activities and community service. I'm notreally concerned with partying because I'm 27 now, getting out of the military, and I really want to focus on finishing my degree now.

Oh and my girl says I can live with her at her house if I attend Temple. We'll see though.

Your age may play a factor in things. But Temple does have a large amount of 24+ undergad so you won't stand out. But the 24 and under typically run thingson a student activities level. There are about two Philippino organizations (if you decide to imbrace that) that are pretty active with community service etc.I wouldn't call temple a party school but a distraction school. there's just alot to do.

as for what harlem said is true.

Cool. I don't think my age will ruin anything for me (not just because I look young for my age). I just finished community college and was the President ofthe student body, did the school news paper, was in the honor society, and was in a community service group called RotarAct. I'm a go-getter. But I'mglad you gave me a lot of insight.

Back
Top Bottom