Can the world be changed?

I know for a fact it can, but we have a global culture based on misinformation and driven by fear, fear of not having enough _____(fill in the blank; food, gas, electricity, time etc.). The question is,  what does it take for people to stand up against the MNC and these politicians that are far more self-interested than constituent interested. What would it take for people to care what is going on with the food they eat, or care that the liberty we are so "found" of is being rehashed in the image of corrupt, profit based NGO's. Sorry for the rant, but this is a question that has been plaguing my mind for years now, I figured Ntalk could shine some light on the subject.

I don't think it can be changed drastically i.e. world peace, end of famine, etc. due to the simple fact that people ARE greedy and spiteful. You also have to look at how certain religions are bent on trying to eradicate others and the constant fear-mongering will always occur. But if it could be changed it would start with parents who teach their children tolerance and a strong work ethic. The biggest thing preventing this, I feel, is no one ever wants to take responsibilty for his/her own actions, situations, etc. Until this happens, nothing happens.

Originally Posted by SgtPeppers12

"When the power of love overcomes the love for power the world will know peace." Jimmy Hendrix

pimp.gif

The world is changing as we speak. We are living in historic times with Wikileaks and the internet.

Revolution is taking place all over the Middle East right now. Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine.

The crazy thing is that anything can happen next. No one is ready to predict what will leak next, and what can happen tomorrow.

Historic times.

Originally Posted by GG23

Originally Posted by SgtPeppers12

"When the power of love overcomes the love for power the world will know peace." Jimmy Hendrix

pimp.gif
Going on my FB
smokin.gif

But on topic, the only way the world will change is:

Catastrophic disaster
WW3

No way. Funny, there was just a special on TV in Japan about how patients all over the world cannot afford the meds to keep them alive, because of what else but cost. Yeah, I don't see anything changing, ever.

"Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet..." - Agent Smith

nothing will change

humans..........

complicate..............

things..............

Even when we dont meant to....................

Change is unbelievably difficult to reach.

You got to start with yourself and you'll see how it goes. 

I feel like the "masses" simply don't know, or don't care to know. This country is becoming a factory.

If people take the time to educate themselves on global politics, that would be a huge first step. Once we're able to recognize and acknowledge that we are being exploited by the corporations and their complicit governments, we will band together. We've reached the pinnacle of imperialism, and its downfall has already begun. Revolutions have already taken place bunches in South America and the Middle East. The rest of the world is not going to stand idly around watching the United States steal the world's remaining oil reserves.

With the internet, our governments have to hold themselves accountable to us. If Wikileaks is ever taken down, others will be ready to take their place. Change is happening right now. The internet has given birth to Anonymous, an unknown group of internet loners, neckbeards, or whatever you want to call them. Once outcasts, they now have a platform. They've physically protested organizations like the Church of Scientology. They've taken down websites in support of Wikileaks and Julian Assange. They;re organizing protests against the Egyptian government as we speak.

A cellphone video recorded by anyone can now change the world with Youtube. Once that video, picture, or document is captured and disseminated on the internet, it's never going to be able to be taken down.

They can't stop us now.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

It would take a major uprising.

imo, this is a misconception. Uprising against whom? That's a lot of Starbucks storefront windows to break.
laugh.gif
 This will result in civil war and the have not's fighting the other have not's (e.g. police, army, militia) as usual with the corollary (if successful) of dethroning one government for another, which will follow the same path of corruption, complicity and collusion against the general population. Ihmo change can only occur on an individual level, trying to change and influence everyone around us is exactly what leads to discord and alienation. Also, I think it is much more effective for example for a majority to boycott elections for example rather than to resort to violence.Violence begets more violence and sets a bad precedent that people do not forget. Once you unplug yourself from the matrix, you will notice more and more people like yourself and start seeing the world in a different light. 

In 2 centuries give or take a decade. I assume population will be less (halved) by then too. As far as changing for the better goes but keep in mind the cycle is sick. Human beings escaping corruption may just be a dream.

unless we unite for a common goal. it will never happen. i think people underestimate the power of unity. that is why the man has killed so many influential people.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom