Can We Do Away With Walmart?

My local target has 2 cashiers and 6 self-checkouts. I see a long line and immediately walk out. Worse thing is a bunch of their aisles are now locked cabinets. Can't even grab deodorant, gotta press the help button and wait for an employee to unlock it. Even packs of t-shirts are locked up.

So they ***** about stealing and traffic being lower but don’t look in the mirror. While theft is under 2% which is normal levels under normal times. Penny pinching drives a lot of companies into the ground eventually.

I haven’t been in target or Walmart in forever.

They both are in the same category now.

If Costco doesn’t have it I don’t need it. :lol:

The lines were stuuuupid yesterday. I ended up going to Dollar Tree for my deodorant, water and snacks.

My local target has 2 cashiers and 6 self-checkouts. I see a long line and immediately walk out. Worse thing is a bunch of their aisles are now locked cabinets. Can't even grab deodorant, gotta press the help button and wait for an employee to unlock it. Even packs of t-shirts are locked up.

Haven’t been in my Target in forever and saw today that they did the same thing. Everything is behind locked glass cabinets. Pressing the help button did nothing so I just went down the street to a grocery store and grabbed what I needed

I never realized how popular Dollar Tree was until they built one five minutes away from me. People love that damn place.

Anyway, Super HEB 4 Life :emoji_punch:

I just hope it never gets run into the ground when new leadership inevitably takes over.

I guess Target quality varies by location.

In Southern California in my area Targets are great. And they have the absolute best self checkout - it’s smooth, quick to use, works the best. Also, I usually just do pickup for most stuff so that’s a quick 2 mins just swing by they put it in the trunk.

I guess Target quality varies by location.

In Southern California in my area Targets are great. And they have the absolute best self checkout - it’s smooth, quick to use, works the best. Also, I usually just do pickup for most stuff so that’s a quick 2 mins just swing by they put it in the trunk.

Targets are great in Iowa. Clean, properly stocked, and plenty of checkouts open in addition to self checkout. I stopped at a Target in New Jersey last night. Trash everywhere in the parking lot, product scattered all over the shelves, open products on the shelf, and no checkers. Self checkout was limited to 10 items.

Also, I usually just do pickup for most stuff so that’s a quick 2 mins just swing by they put it in the trunk.
💯

IMG_5132.jpeg

The Dollar Tree here has the best selection of snacks and stuff other stores don't have. Most snacks and drinks are $1.25.
For sure. The best part is when they get random stuff you know is three to four times more expensive at grocery stores. My store is just across the street and they’re always getting Dave’s Bread so I check regularly.

yeah it sounds simple until you have kids
we have two kids (4 and 10) and if we bring them in the store, we end up with all kinda nonsense. my wife makes 3 orders weekly: whole foods, costco, and target. i pick up target and whole foods and costco is delivered. i'll run into the market for small, random stuff if needed.

walmart here is filled with interesting people and the parking sucks so i stay away from that place. target is nicer and the lines for self-checkout are usually nothing.

Back
Top Bottom