Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Jesse Boykins III - Prototype

Nice cover of the Andre 3000 song...

Yo Shaze804, nice song. Them girls were aiight...

AB SOUL - EMPATHY

Prolly one of the illest R&B/SOUL joints I've heard in a min... Sorry if this is posted already. JOINT IS FILTHY. :x :x :x :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I finally heard Alicia Keys' Girl Is on Fire single in its entirety. I was avoiding to do so for awhile, but finally listened to only be as disappointed as I expected. I can't help but think of the word "uninspired" when I hear any of her music from the past five years.

The regression of her music is downright sad.

Well, I'll always appreciate the first two albums.

|I

Last edited:
D'Angelo - Africa

If I had to try & describe a sunrise to a blind person whose never seen one, I'd use this song to try & sonically describe it....

Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Before I Let Go

Gettin' some grown folks 2 steppin' up in this piece....

Luther Vandross - Never Too Much

Continuing that grown folks 2 step vibe...RIP Luther...

Last edited:
Tamia - You Put A Move On My Heart, So Into You, & Stranger in My House

Funny convo in the O's & NBA thread made me post these songs...One of the most beautiful female singers out there regardless of genre...

Last edited:
This is pretty old, but I still play it a lot. Actually I play this whole album a lot.

Isley Brothers - I Got Work To Do & Fight The Power (Part 1 & 2)

Ernie Isley is one of the most underrated guitarists...

Jeffrey Osborne - Don't You Get So Mad

Yo I love LTD...Reminds me of the parties my family used to have back in the day...

Bobby Brown - Roni

Damn numbah1grimey, you makin me feel old saying your grand moms played that music... :lol: Those are the jawns from my youth...It's amazing how music cane bring back memories like Sunday dinner & the smells associated with those memories...This jawn reminds me of some basement parties... :pimp:

^^^Yessuh!!! I was born in '87 so I was at the cusp of all this greatness! Bobby Brown and Keith Sweat were my moms favorite artists! The whole New Edition camp, including Johnny Gill! My favorite track from Bad Boy Bobby is "On my own". Whenever I hear that joint on ghostbusters, I go berserk!

Can't believe i never heard of Jesse boykins. I've been listening to his "The Beauty Created" album and its so damn smooth :pimp:

Keep the good music comin guys :smile:

Back
Top Bottom