Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

What are you guys' thoughts on Raheem Devaughn's new album so far? I am still listening to it, but I like it and see quite a few people talking about it as well.

What are you guys' thoughts on Raheem Devaughn's new album so far? I am still listening to it, but I like it and see quite a few people talking about it as well.

Love it.

Not feeling that john legend either. Especially releasing around tgt raheem and Joe.....

Last edited:
Michael Jackson - Rock With You ( Marksmen Samba Remix)

Heard this on Jazzy Jeff's mixtape...

If anyone want's a solid mixtape of 80's r&b check out Yoroku Saki's mixtape. It's a free DL too. You like this mixtape even more if your a French House fan (Daft Punk, Mehdi, etc).

Tracklisting:
High Fashion – Feelin’ Lucky Lately
B.B.&Q. Band – Imagination
Klique – I Can’t Shake This Feeling
Midnight Star – Midas Touch
Shalamar – Make That Move
The O’Jays – Put Our Heads Together
Rene & Angela – Drive My love
Kashif – Just Gotta Have You
Midnight Star – Night Rider
Stacy Lattisaw – Young Girl
Stephanie Mills – Never Get Enough Of You
Patrice Rushen – Get Off (You Fascinate Me)
Morris Day – Oak Tree
Anita Baker – Squeeze Me
Isley Brothers – Way Out Love

Bobby Womack - If You Think You're Lonely Now

I never get tired of this song....

Teddy Pendergrass - Love TKO

Or this one...

I like it but not as strong as his other albums. The quality sounds cheap and so does a few beats. The mastering or mixing is poor quality.

Wrong Forever
Pink Crush Velvet
Ridiculous
Maker of Love
Greatest Love

It's got some real nice records

Last edited:
Hawthorne Headhunters (Stoney Rock aka Black Spade, Ced No & Proh Mic)

Love this song. So dope.

Ladi6. New album is fire.

Sunni Colon - Thrill

I've heard some stuff from this LA dude & was like meh, but this isn't bad. It's got that late 80s Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis vibe to it (which is maybe why I like it).

Just realized someone posted The Internet up there...

Like the song... She looks like Meshell Ndegeocello's lil cousin...

Her album has production from Thundercat, Chad Hugo, & Mike Einziger (bassist from Incubus)...

Last edited:
Just realized someone posted The Internet up there...

Like the song... She looks like Meshell Ndegeocello's lil cousin...

Her album has production from Thundercat, Chad Hugo, & Mike Einziger (bassist from Incubus)...
Yeah, I think there is little doubt about what the lead singers sexuality is. :wink:

I've been sleeping on this group for like 2 years.  They're down with Odd Future (same label, not sure how I didn't hear about this group until now). 

Tracks/vids from their first album "Purple Naked Ladies".

Last edited:
Syd Tha Kid is openly gay..

As far as the music, I think her vocals improved greatly, so props to her for working on that... their production has always been solid... i'll be checking the new album

Salaam Remi - Making It Hard For Me (ft. Corinne Bailey Rae)

Remi has an album coming out later this month (Sept 30th?), featuring this & tracks with Estelle, Ne-Yo, & Stephen Marley among others.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom