Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Robert Glasper - Somebody Else (ft. Emeli Sande), Let It Ride (ft. Norah Jones), & Calls (ft. Jill Scott)

Really like the new Glasper release... Grown folks music... You can have your weekend... Imma rock with RG...

... However I'd still like him to still release a straight Jazz album too... Been a minute...

Last edited:
Janet Jackson - Rock With U (FS Green Rework)

Nice reworking of the song by FS Green a producer from Amsterdam...

Lianne La Havas - Twice (In The Woods Barn Sessions 2013)

Little Dragon cover...

Res - Dreams

She still has a great voice. I love this song but the cover is just meh. They should've worked on the arrangement a lot more before recording it on video but I wanted to share anyway.

Luther Vandross - If This World Were Mine (ft. Cheryl Lynn)

This is how we do it in North Carolina... :lol:

Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine

This song brings back so many childhood memories being in the back seat of my dads Cadillac.

Old school like the old school...

The Spinners - I'll Be Around & Could It Be I'm Falling In Love

Last edited:
Lianne La Havas' cover of Twice was amazing.

This kid has a bright future ahead of him. Up until now I've only heard him featured on some dance music

Last edited:
Donny Hathaway - A Song For You

Leon Russell has written so many classic songs, the sad thing is no one really knows who he is... :smh:

Daley always reminded me of the character Mike Cameron from Say Anything...

haven't been here in a while...glad to see sam smith get a mention ... his song "safe with me" is incredible... lianna la havas needs to be my wife... any one check the solange 'saint heron' compilation? i haven't heard of alot of the acts but its quality r&b

Esperanza Spalding - We Are America

Conscious!!! One of the most talented musician/singers out there. Maybe the most talented of her generation.

The Brand New Heavies feat N'Dea Davenport - Sunlight

BNH & N'Dea Davenport go together like PB&J or steak & lobster...

D'Angelo - She's Always In My Hair (Prince Cover), Feel Like Making Love, & Tell Me If You Still Care (SOS Band cover)

The Prince cover is a gem off of one of the Scream soundtracks...

Robert Glasper - Somebody Else (ft. Emeli Sande), Let It Ride (ft. Norah Jones), & Calls (ft. Jill Scott)

Really like the new Glasper release... Grown folks music... You can have your weekend... Imma rock with RG...

... However I'd still like him to still release a straight Jazz album too... Been a minute...

:lol: Funny that you said that. I spent 6+ hours riding the bus last weekend and I probably listened to both Black Radio 2 and The Weeknd's new album like 4+ times each

Def a different feel to them but I was :pimp: so zoning out regardless

My fav on the Glasper was the Norah Jones joint you posted. Rob G is getting more crossover for sure

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom