Can we please come to a consensus that Andre 3000 is very over rated?

He puts out 1 verse every 5 months, if any rapper did that it should be hot, yet they hardly ever are. He puts out nothing but struggle bars and people sweat him nonstop. I just dont get it.

He's definitely not overrated in his rapping abilities, he's moreso overrated in that people put him as a GOAT having never dropped a solo RAP album. Andre3000 had the luxury of vibing of another great emcee in Big Boi. Its much different in having to create a classic rap album on your own than having the presence of another great emcee around you. Damn near most of his verses on Outkast albums are classics but for me to put him in that goat category I would have needed a solo lp.

You can't call him overrated because at the end of the day he's still better than about 95% of the mainstream rappers you would call your favorites...

...but I will say that he needs to put out more music in order to be mentioned in these ''GOAT'' discussions.

We don't see Jay still resting on ''Reasonable Doubt'' do we?

All that old Kast is classic, but we want something new homie...

Why does dude have to keep rapping for life? Jay isn't resting on Reasonable Doubt but he is putting the same i'm rich garbage pointless $%#@ out all the time.

We get it you like nice cars n $%#@.

Originally Posted by Iceberg Slim

He puts out nothing but struggle bars 

Andre%203000_jpg_250x320_q85.jpg

i entered this thread agreeing with you until i saw your VERY foolish supporting arguments.

and to say big out rapped (funny word aint it?) 3k is a blantant lie, but im not 1 of those people that act like 3k is head and shoulders above big either. 3k just had a SLIGHT edge over big.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Why does dude have to keep rapping for life? Jay isn't resting on Reasonable Doubt but he is putting the same i'm rich garbage pointless $%#@ out all the time.

We get it you like nice cars n $%#@.

When has there been a Andre 3k verse in recent memory that didnt sound like nonsense rambling?

Originally Posted by JRodski

i entered this thread agreeing with you until i saw your VERY foolish supporting arguments.

and to say big out rapped (funny word aint it?) 3k is a blantant lie, but im not 1 of those people that act like 3k is head and shoulders above big either. 3k just had a SLIGHT edge over big.
Posting from a phone otherwise I would have gone deeper into it.

He doesn't need to put out anything new to have his name placed with some of the best of all time... His discography speaks for itself. Anything from here on out is pretty much just extra
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

He doesn't need to put out anything new to have his name placed with some of the best of all time... His discography speaks for itself. Anything from here on out is pretty much just extra
laugh.gif

This. Andre gave yall great material for 10 years. As a fan though I think he shoulda been put a album but it seems like he don't really care about music rightnow.

If Jay or Nas spit the sub par verses hes been dropping recently, they'd be crucified.

He fell of worse than Em (who bounced back) but somehow he doesn't get any of that type of backlash.

Dude is nowhere close to the GOAT and because he is put in that convo I'm going to agree that he is wildly overrated.

I'm not even a fan of dude but MF DOOM >>>> 3K.

Andre 3000 has so many followers who rap it's not even funny man...that's if you really listen.

Dumb post. That's like saying Dr. Dre is overrated.

Nas
Tupac
Biggie
Jay
AndreLet me add that there is a reason your favorite rapper has Andre in his top 5.

Back
Top Bottom