Can you ask a girl out via text? Vol. Team Beta

Say for example you just got done hanging out with a girl and you guys really hit it off. When it was getting to that part where you head your separate ways, it was kind of awkward as if both of you knew what should happen. Then you get to you car, disgusted with yourself and your uber-beta qualities (chickening out, resorting to asking folks on an internet message board, etc.). So can you save face and text the girl saying it was cool hanging out. If she replies then just admit you are lame and should have asked in person and ask her if she is free Saturday to go to _________?
flame me all you want 
tired.gif

Yes you can do that. You can turn it around into a good thing for you if you let her know she made you nervous while you were with her. It'll make her feel special if you word it correctly.

I've done it before.
Just be like, it was cool hanging out and what not and then ask her out on Saturday....matter of fact you should invite her to that late night breakfast tonight at the UC
laugh.gif

You don't gotta apologize to her or make it all awkward. Just send her a text and say you had fun and when should we Grt together again.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

You don't gotta apologize to her or make it all awkward. Just send her a text and say you had fun and when should we Grt together again.

yea dont be too apologetic.. go with this, u said yall hit it off so it should be pretty simple

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I've done it before.
Just be like, it was cool hanging out and what not and then ask her out on Saturday....matter of fact you should invite her to that late night breakfast tonight at the UC
laugh.gif
Actually I was thinking going to the artist market at Lowe Mill. I used to intern there and I haven't been all semester and planned on going anyway to drop some of my artwork off at one of the studios. It would be another nice place to have a conversation. 
I'm soooo disgusted with myself dude. Like I know I am lame but it was right there...
tired.gif

Humorous self-deprecation probably won't work for you, you'd end up sounding corny.
As long as you don't ask her the same night you saw her that would be fine

If I was in that situation, I'd probably just wait the next day and call her. That's just me though, cause texting/Fbing &@^#
is kinda impersonal/creepy until u REALLY start hitting it off.

ask her what she is doing this weekend

Tell her you wanna go to whatever place and would like for her to accompany you.

dont be a punk and say ohh i was nervous

women want someone who know what they want and are not afraid to go after it.

text is cool if you wanna hide your emotions in your voice

cliffs:

go for it

u can do it and ive done it before. If she likes you then its not a problem but she may ask why didnt you just do it in person so just be honest and tell her you're a skirt and were nervous

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Say for example you just got done hanging out with a girl and you guys really hit it off. When it was getting to that part where you head your separate ways, it was kind of awkward as if both of you knew what should happen. Then you get to you car, disgusted with yourself and your uber-beta qualities (chickening out, resorting to asking folks on an internet message board, etc.). So can you save face and text the girl saying it was cool hanging out. If she replies then just admit you are lame and should have asked in person and ask her if she is free Saturday to go to _________?
flame me all you want 
tired.gif
Not going to flame you but don't call yourself lame.

There's an easy way to handle this situation and I've done it many times before.

I personally do not like talking on the phone especially when it comes to stuff that can easily be handled through text.

I always text after getting a chick's number and only call after a few dates.

In this situation I would just text chick 1 of 2 things
1) I had a good time tonight, hope/just checking you made it home safely (if you didn't drop her off)
2) Just made it back to the crib, had a good time tonight (if you did drop her off/kicked it at her spot)

Have your normal convo through text or over the phone and give her enough advance notice for when the next time you wanna hang out is.

It's not lame to wait to ask because you probably don't even know what you want to do on the next date

I hate doing it through text cause then they think it's just a "hang out". I usually call so no miscommunication. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever asked a girl out on a date in person. Always over the phone
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I hate doing it through text cause then they think it's just a "hang out". I usually call so no miscommunication. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever asked a girl out on a date in person. Always over the phone
laugh.gif
I'm not big on labels. If you ask a chick to dinner and she's feeling you and she knows you're feeling her it doesn't matter the medium of how you asked or what labels she wants to assign to it. It's pretty clear what the intentions are and if not it's easy to clear them up while "hanging out"

I've dealt with lots of chicks who are go with the flow types and don't like the pressure/formalities/implications of calling it a date.

Texted her about a Saturday date
She has previously planned engagements
foreveralone

Lesson learned

Back
Top Bottom