Can you carry a Mp3 player onboard a plane?

Originally Posted by jpap348

can someone explain how an ipod can affect the plane during takeoff?

its just a blanketing precaution, most devices wont have any affect no matter what, they just cant say only these kind of electronic devices can be on oroff, this and that ect ect...

This isn't that unreasonable a question. 10 years ago people would look at you crazy if you asked if you could bring a water bottle or cologne past airportsecurity.

Youngdipset20 wrote:
jpap348 wrote:

Incase of an emergency you won't be able to hear the flight attendant

that's stupid because if you see people panicking then obviously you would know something is wrong and you would listen up.

Originally Posted by aaronethc415

yes idiot

indifferent.gif

man i wish i was a mod...

Yes, you are allowed to bring MP3 players on an airplane, you just have to keep them turned off until the flight attendent/pilot says it's alright to turnthem on again.

Sorry about your uncle/cousin, condolences are sent!

Funny, on my last flight I deliberately left my mp3 player on during takeoff with my headphones on. Nobody paid me any mind as they must have figured I turnedit off. Anyway on our takeoff the sound actually stopped coming through my headphones but it was still on and playing. I was worried I broke it but the volumesoon returned. On my way back home the week after I tried it again but nothing happened and the sound flowed as it normally would.

I believe you can turn them on once you are 30,000 feet in the air (Southwest airlines)

my condolences to your fam.. r.i.p.

Originally Posted by Youngdipset20

Originally Posted by jpap348

Incase of an emergency you won't be able to hear the flight attendant

That's not the reason at all. It's just an extreme precaution to make sure that you're not operating a device which just happens to emitinterference that could affect the plane's instruments. The vast majority of devices don't, obviously, but it's just a precaution.

Back
Top Bottom