Can you pass a 1960's Louisiana literacy test for black voters?...

damn my state
tired.gif
mean.gif

I'm saying.

:smh:

im saying

pisses me offf

Spell backwards, forwards.

:lol: :rofl: I don't even see how that works

Maybe it just means to spell the word "backwards" normally? Very (intentionally) poorly written question :smh: :lol:

Cause even if you did that, they'd just say tell you that the question meant to tell you to write the word "forwards" in reverse, even though the use of the comma there is completely wrong. If that's what they meant, it should be

Spell backwards: forwards.

Even then, it's still awkwardly written.

Never mind. This is giving me a headache :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
My brain literally hurts from trying to do this.

I think it's designed to make you furious.

I know I'm not the only person that doesn't understand #1 :lol:
I had no other issues on the rest, that I recall.
#25 will trip a lot of people up probably.
My reaction to this is generally the same as when I'm studying for the lsat: who writes this stuff?

Last edited:
Peeps in here saying most people failed....dawg, this test is LITERALLY impossible, some of these don't even have correct answers. Nobody's passing this... and that was the point. :smh::smh::smh:

With the education I have today, I would have blasted through that garbage, slammed my paper on the desk, and waited for it to be graded so I could see the look of disgust on Paula Deens face as she hands me a ballot. But with that 1960s segregated education. Fuhgeddabodit!

Last edited:
30 Questions, No Errors Allowed, All Trick Questions, Only 10 minutes to finish, and most black people of voting age back then probably didn't have great education opportunities

mean.gif

Last edited:
With the education I have today, I would have blasted through that garbage, slammed my paper on the desk, and waited for it to be graded so I could see the look of disgust on Paula Deens face as she hands me a ballot. But with that 1960s segregated education. Fuhgeddabodit!

You mind giving the rest of us the answers? :rolleyes

:lol: Man those is one of those tests where even if I got all right I'd still fail :smh: :x :stoneface:

They should do a commercial making ppl take these tests and when they fail tell them they can't vote anymore.

So has anyone questioned the legitimacy of this test? Meaning if it was REALLY given to folks in the 60s? And not some internet fool making this up to upset folks.

....:smh: me for still trying to think of a word that is spelled the same backwards.

cosign DC also. :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom