Can you play ball in CDP 18's?

ive hooped in the cdp 18's and they did great as far as performance and looks there after.

i haven't played in the CDP XVIIIs, but i have played in XVIIIs (white/red mids and white/columbia lows). shoe is comfy but the mids are on the heavy side.the cut is a little high for my preferences but i play guard and prefer a lower cut.

Originally Posted by ajxv

ALL JORDAN COLLECTION R MADE FOR THE COURT........................

co-sign. some of these posts are hilarious. "the quality is bad" & "they are for casual wear."

to me it's simple, either you can ball or you can't. back in the day they were playing in chuck taylors!

as long as the shoe provides good ankle support and you tie them tight, you should be good. i've been using the cdp xx1's and they're great.

use the XXII's they are better for basketball......and they fit snugly......don't use those CDP's for balling...they are not fit to.....that'sbase on my experience......

I balled in my CDP XVIII's and I don't know why the insoles slides as i cut... unlike my OG XVIII's they are great for balling... The zoom air isfar stiffer in the CDP than the OG, I guess it needs a break in...

Originally Posted by EugeneCruise

I balled in my CDP XVIII's and I don't know why the insoles slides as i cut... unlike my OG XVIII's they are great for balling... The zoom air is far stiffer in the CDP than the OG, I guess it needs a break in...
The OG's also had problem with the insole sliding and it's hard to get a good fit on these. That reminds me the oG had bad fit and causedme heel to slip a lot. Forget about these if you're serious, just rock them casually.

I haven't balled in any recent retros but I would personally assume no because of the bad
quality of the materials. I don't think they would hold up.

NikeFlightposite wrote:

Originally Posted by EugeneCruise

I balled in my CDP XVIII's and I don't know why the insoles slides as i cut... unlike my OG XVIII's they are great for balling... The zoom air is far stiffer in the CDP than the OG, I guess it needs a break in...
The OG's also had problem with the insole sliding and it's hard to get a good fit on these. That reminds me the oG had bad fit and caused me heel to slip a lot. Forget about these if you're serious, just rock them casually.

It might be the sizing as my CDP is 11 and the OG is only 10.5... You're right, Iam now rocking them casually and balling on myStealth 23's

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

Originally Posted by ReasonablyIll89

indifferent.gif

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

They're basketball shoes!

Why the hell wouldn't it be okay to play basketball in them?
laugh.gif

alot of cdp quallity sucks... and since jb knows people are spending so much money on them i dont think they plan on people really playin ball in em. so they dont make it as good as it can be. BUT i could be very wrong...
very true, js quality is gettin extremely crappy. they dont sell js to play ball in, but for fashion

Back
Top Bottom