Can you truly be considered a G.O.A.T. if you don't have any official solo albums?

A lot of people get crowned G.O.A.T.s, but don't even have actual solo albums. You can have multiple group albums, or duos,
but I always felt that you have to have something solo to have a true testament to that, regardless of how ill are are on those types
of albums. Black Thought and Andre 3000 always pop up on those lists, what you you think.

0401_black-thought.jpg
andre-3000-arrested.jpg

GOAT. & when that solo sees the light of day there will be no more excuses. Heard some amazing things from it from insiders. His solo will be really lyrical like art of storytelling caliber verses & the kast album will have more hits but will mantain its lyricism.

it doesn't matter. lyrical ability was seen on all Kast albums. song making ability as well. then The Love Below was enough of a solo album for me...he did correctly what Kanye tried to do on 808s imo.

greg street told me hes heard solo andre 3000 rap songs and new outkast a weeks ago.. its about to go down...

3 stacks proved a point album after album with Outkast... There really wasn't a need for a solo album. & if there was, the love below took care of that.
smokin.gif

The Love Below is one of the greatest albums ever though, all Dre too.
Let's not even throw in the fact that he produced it as well.

Originally Posted by awwsome

We're talking GOAT rappers though and Dre only rapped on 1 song on that album.

Originally Posted by zube42

False. 3. Spread, Happy Valentines Day, & Day in the Life. & hes verses on kast albums you cant deny those. Hes definately up there

Yeah as far as I see it.

Don't get bringing up Black though, he's rapped on every Roots song. I think ppl would not consider him GOAT for other reasons.

I don't really consider Dre or Twan goat and anybody else in his position. He needs to string along 3 great/classic solo albums.

Originally Posted by k3stacks

Originally Posted by zube42

False. 3. Spread, Happy Valentines Day, & Day in the Life. & hes verses on kast albums you cant deny those. Hes definately up there
That's the thing about people always bringing up Love Below, it's not an actually rap album, so therefore, that really shouldn't be the card people pull
when discussing Dre as a solo lyricist. That would be like discussing Kanye if he had only released 808s, and Cee-Lo if he only had Lady Killer. Plus,
Love Below is a top notch album no doubt, but it shouldn't be the key thing people mention when talking about Dre as a pure lyricist. I guess what I'm
saying is, Dre needs a legit rap album, with the production to match.

It's simple. You don't need a solo album to be called the GOAT Lyricist. Legendary verses do that. But you can't call him the best solo artist ever. That's all there is to it

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

It's simple. You don't need a solo album to be called the GOAT Lyricist. Legendary verses do that. But you can't call him the best solo artist ever. That's all there is to it

Thread/.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Thread/.
DING DING DING!

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Can anyone post some of these legendary verses??
nerd.gif

youtube vids not workin but...

ALL Da Art of Storrytelling

Rosa Parks

Humble Mumble

ATLiens

Elevators

Clearly when dudes on here be acting like Pusha T was the greatest thing since sliced bread even before fear of god dropped

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Clearly when dudes on here be acting like Pusha T was the greatest thing since sliced bread even before fear of god dropped
This. And "Fear Of God" was marginal as hell.

Fight me.

As far as postin andre 3000 verses i rather not cuz i would be on here postin for da rest of da day LOL. And for da record pusha t is mean tho. but not a GOAT well maybe in this smoked era of rap

Back
Top Bottom