//---- Canadian/US car price difference ----\\ ...Can. FTMFL

This thing is ridiculous with 20-50% markups and nothing is being done about it. Some manufactures have lowered their prices (i.e. Lexus Audi...) but they make up the difference by charging more money for packages. I think they will only change their prices if the car industry takes a major hit in sales, but it looks like most people, especially those with big money don't care about the difference eventhough they are the ones getting hit the hardest.

Ref.

www.ataleoftwoprices.com

Canadian Price/ US. Price/ Markup %

BMW [table][tr][td]328i Sedan[/td] [td] $41,000 [/td] [td]328i Sedan[/td] [td] $32,400[/td] [td] 25.87%[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]5 Series 550i[/td] [td] $82,800[/td] [td] 5 Series 550i Sedan[/td] [td]$58,500[/td] [td] 40.79%[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]650i Coupe[/td] [td] $101,500[/td] [td]650i Coupe[/td] [td] $75,600[/td] [td] 33.55%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]650i Cabriolet[/td] [td] $111,500[/td] [td]650i Convertible[/td] [td] $82,700[/td] [td] 34.11%[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]750i Sedan[/td] [td] $108,500[/td] [td]750i Sedan[/td] [td] $75,800[/td] [td] 42.38%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]750Li Sedan[/td] [td] $115,100[/td] [td]750Li Sedan[/td] [td] $78,900[/td] [td] 45.11%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]760Li Sedan[/td] [td] $174,500[/td] [td]760Li Sedan[/td] [td] $122,600[/td] [td] 41.58%[/td] [/tr][/table]

Cadillac

[table][tr][td]Escalade AWD[/td] [td]$76,900[/td] [td]Escalade AWD[/td] [td] $57,430[/td] [td] 33.19%[/td] [/tr][/table]

Infiniti

[table][tr][td]G37 Coupe[/td] [td] $49,950[/td] [td]G37 Coupe[/td] [td] $35,550[/td] [td] 39.76%[/td] [/tr][/table]

Lexus

[table][tr][td]SC 430[/td] [td] $93,250[/td] [td] SC 430[/td] [td] $65,455[/td] [td] 41.71%[/td] [/tr][/table]

Benz

[table][tr][td]CLS550[/td] [td] $93,200[/td] [td]CLS CLS550 [/td] [td]$67,600[/td] [td] 37.14%[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]SLK280[/td] [td] $60,500[/td] [td]SLK280[/td] [td] $43,800[/td] [td] 37.4%[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]R350[/td] [td] $63,500[/td] [td]R350[/td] [td] $41,900[/td] [td] 50.75%[/td] [/tr][/table]

WOW.

Some of these are just outrageous.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

wow,
I knew it was bad...but this just makes be more angry to see it broken down.

Yeah it's ridiculous, and it's not just the expensive car manufacturers either...

Why is this a surprise? Canada is a lovely place, but when it comes to pricing we will forever get screwed...Liquor, clothing, food, cars, etc...we always getcharged/taxed out the #**...and we allow it cuz by nature we're just very docile.

Additionally, The US has a much bigger population so that's why prices are much lower, there's much more demand.

I was looking at the price for a M3 and was wondering about the same thing; how come a fully loaded M3 costs $70k (if that) in the U.S. while the same packagesand options will run you $85k in Canada?

One shady practice I think most, if not all, manufacturers are engaged in is that they claim they may not be able to "honor" the warranty for carsthat were purchased in the U.S. I find this particularly intriguiging; are the modifications they make for the Canadian market so drastically different thanyour "regular" U.S. version that they can not "honor" the warranty for a car that was manufactured in Munich, Germany when it is broughtover to Canada? As far as I can tell, the only difference is the daytime running light (which should now be standard for U.S. vehicles and already a standardpiece of equipment for several manufacturers) and a potentially different cat-back exhaust (which again, I would assume all car manufacturers would designaccording to the more stringent of the 2 countries' emission regulations, standards and/or laws). Another difference is your speedometer that uses metricvs. imperial units so are they telling me by running a car that has imperial unit equipment in a metric unit dominant country will in fact jeopardizing thevehicle to the extent they can not guarantee normal operation of the car? How does that work?

Seems like the more expensive the car, the more drastic the price difference is; if you're getting a S-class, the price difference may be enough for you toget an extra Accord!!!

One shady practice I think most, if not all, manufacturers are engaged in is that they claim they may not be able to "honor" the warranty for cars that were purchased in the U.S.

A lot of manus. dont offer it but some do, others req mods to the car in order for the warranty to be valid (benz, bmw). Check this link:

http://www.importcartocanada.info/tools/warranty-coverage-check/#more-560

I'm suprised that audi offers it, they got a huge US to Can Price difference. 39,000 for the A5, 50,000 for the S5 in the states and the reg A5 is 51000 incanada
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

I had a buddy who told me his hot shot accountant brother just bought a TT in the states and then just drove it back over the border. Is this in anywaypossible and if yes, serious info is needed!!!!

Back
Top Bottom