Can't remember name of Nike's from 2002

I have been going crazy searching for images online of this shoe I had in highschool. 

It was in 2001-2002, and they were one piece construction composite material. They came in black and blue i remember and they looked like a swirling torpedo type thing. I remember they we very rigid and hurt my feet quite a bit haha.

Anyone have any idea what this shoe was called?

Nike playerposite?

The playerposite was the sequel to the podpositepictured below (Anyone have a pic of the silver/red podposites? )

Or Nike Signature Player ? I always loved the way these looked.

Last edited:
They were the signature player!!!! Wow thanks so much. I honestly spent an hour of my day yesterday try to find them. They are a beautiful shoe.

Yeah they are really good looking, especially the blue ones. I do remember them being total bricks though, tried them on instore but never copped. In addition to the royal/black and black/black Nike also made a TON of Team colorways with a pearl posite base.

damn, haven't seen a pair of podposite's in a very loooong time. Probably one of the best basketball shoes ever made. Retail price was cheap, they were stylish, and very durable. I hope one day they retro them. Loved the silver/ black ones.

I remember these shoes somewhat..interesting shoe. Kinda reminds me of a Nerf football I had back in the days.

Last edited:
Good call.
The Nerf Turbo, it was. OG color was black and pink. Schoolyard steez.

Haha the Nerf Turbo! I used to be able to launch that thing for what would seem to be a whole football field lol, but I'm sure my memory is exagerrating lol. Schoolyard steez 4sho! :smokin

Do you remember the Nerf Turbo football that came after the original..it had that stupid whistler built inside lol?

Last edited:
Haha the Nerf Turbo! I used to be able to launch that thing for what would seem to be a whole football field lol, but I'm sure my memory is exagerrating lol. Schoolyard steez 4sho! :smokin
Do you remember the Nerf Turbo football that came after the original..it had that stupid whistler built inside lol?

Yeah. That commercial is like straight 1990!

Wasn't there also a commercial with John Elway throwing one?

And, that whistler thing was horrible!! You're right.

Back
Top Bottom