Car Accident Insurance Help...

I was in a car accident on July 19th of this year. It was a total of 4 cars involved. I was stopped at a red light and got hit from behind. The car behind me was also hit from behind because SHE wasn't paying attention and stopped too late. After I was hit, my car got pushed forward and I rear-ended the car in front. That car had very minimal damages, small scratches on the bumper but the remaining 3 cars, mine included suffered the most.
     The police came and got a report, I've  been calling the insurance company about 3 times a week a few weeks after the incident and they always tell me they are waiting on the guy I hit (very very minimal damages) to send in his estimate. They also say that the person who was at fault doesnt have enough insurance to cover all the cars and some other bull which im not sure what that means in the longrun.

They estimated around 5k in damages and after a month I got tired of driving around with a *+%%%! up car so i got it fixed. Is there anything I can do? Any legal procedures I can take?

2gx417a.jpg
14mc0u1.jpg

(rear end was also damaged, not as bad tho)

I was in a car accident on July 19th of this year. It was a total of 4 cars involved. I was stopped at a red light and got hit from behind. The car behind me was also hit from behind because SHE wasn't paying attention and stopped too late. After I was hit, my car got pushed forward and I rear-ended the car in front. That car had very minimal damages, small scratches on the bumper but the remaining 3 cars, mine included suffered the most.
     The police came and got a report, I've  been calling the insurance company about 3 times a week a few weeks after the incident and they always tell me they are waiting on the guy I hit (very very minimal damages) to send in his estimate. They also say that the person who was at fault doesnt have enough insurance to cover all the cars and some other bull which im not sure what that means in the longrun.

They estimated around 5k in damages and after a month I got tired of driving around with a *+%%%! up car so i got it fixed. Is there anything I can do? Any legal procedures I can take?

2gx417a.jpg
14mc0u1.jpg

(rear end was also damaged, not as bad tho)

Take the L, if you already paid for it out of pocket i dont think they will pay you back. Seeing as her insurance and i knew it was a women driving wouldn't cover all the cars

Take the L, if you already paid for it out of pocket i dont think they will pay you back. Seeing as her insurance and i knew it was a women driving wouldn't cover all the cars

Def not gonna take the L. The insurance company doesn't know I fixed it and besides the insurance company came already and inspected the car and gave me their own estimate. I plan on calling up the insurance tomorrow and also gonna call up that dude that they said still needs his estimate to see whats up.

Def not gonna take the L. The insurance company doesn't know I fixed it and besides the insurance company came already and inspected the car and gave me their own estimate. I plan on calling up the insurance tomorrow and also gonna call up that dude that they said still needs his estimate to see whats up.

Technically, you're at fault for rear-ending the dude in front of you. pause. At least that's what I've been told by driving instructors.

Technically, you're at fault for rear-ending the dude in front of you. pause. At least that's what I've been told by driving instructors.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

not if he was at a complete stop, whoever initiated the car accident is at fault for all 4 cars.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

not if he was at a complete stop, whoever initiated the car accident is at fault for all 4 cars.

are you in CA? well the state min is 5k for you to carry around. so if this guy only had 5K and it's his fault, he's going to have to pay out of his own pocket for any excess damages the insurance doesn't cover. if the guy doesn't have money, they're going to have to lien against his job salary.

also do you have uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage? this covers you in instances like this where the party at fault doesn't carry enough insurance.

are you in CA? well the state min is 5k for you to carry around. so if this guy only had 5K and it's his fault, he's going to have to pay out of his own pocket for any excess damages the insurance doesn't cover. if the guy doesn't have money, they're going to have to lien against his job salary.

also do you have uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage? this covers you in instances like this where the party at fault doesn't carry enough insurance.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Yea, I'm in CA. I don't believe my insurance covers uninsured motorists. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow.

Like dude said above, I always thought no matter what if I hit the person in front regardless of what else happened it would be my fault for the person I hit, always thought that was really lame. The insurance on the other hand said I wasn't at fault and that the party that initiated the accident was liable for all party's.

Yea, I'm in CA. I don't believe my insurance covers uninsured motorists. I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow.

Like dude said above, I always thought no matter what if I hit the person in front regardless of what else happened it would be my fault for the person I hit, always thought that was really lame. The insurance on the other hand said I wasn't at fault and that the party that initiated the accident was liable for all party's.

you paid all out of pocket to fix your car? bc if anything, you can at least get your deductible back from my understanding. Do you have full coverage?

any of the costs you paid to fix your car will have to be paid by the at fault party. Since it appears he carried the minimum, chances are he/she might not have enough to pay outside of what insurance covers....in that case they take the lien out of the person's paycheck.

you paid all out of pocket to fix your car? bc if anything, you can at least get your deductible back from my understanding. Do you have full coverage?

any of the costs you paid to fix your car will have to be paid by the at fault party. Since it appears he carried the minimum, chances are he/she might not have enough to pay outside of what insurance covers....in that case they take the lien out of the person's paycheck.

Yea it was all out of pocket. My dad works at a huge dealer auction and they have body shops and the whole nine there. My dads in charge of ordering all the car parts so we get a huge discount if he orders it from the company and just pays that. Estimated cost were like 5k-6k but we managed to fix it and looks like new again for like 700-800ish. Plan on selling it now since its been in the accident after I get the insurance money.

after it got fixed.
2i8x4ec.jpg

Yea it was all out of pocket. My dad works at a huge dealer auction and they have body shops and the whole nine there. My dads in charge of ordering all the car parts so we get a huge discount if he orders it from the company and just pays that. Estimated cost were like 5k-6k but we managed to fix it and looks like new again for like 700-800ish. Plan on selling it now since its been in the accident after I get the insurance money.

after it got fixed.
2i8x4ec.jpg

Back
Top Bottom