car enthusiast step in vol. m5 vs cts-v

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Another reason WHY GM went bankrupt.. They produce a faaarr superior car than their competitors, and IDIOTS still decide to buy the m5 because "It's a bimmer.."

cosign

The latest Motor Trend magazine compares the two and rules the CTS-V the winner, but what do they know their only the top car magazine in the industry.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kingofny04

The latest Motor Trend magazine compares the two and rules the CTS-V the winner, but what do they know their only the top car magazine in the industry.

False. American car mags are horrible, and Motor Trend is one of the worst.

CTS-V.

smh.gif
@ you dudes for picking the M5 just because of the badge and cause it's a "Bimmer."

It's like me buying Fiji Water over Dasani because it's "Fiji Water" and comes in a fancy bottle.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

CTS-V = fastest production 4-door sedan in the world.

M5 is a BMW, which means more refined, luxurious, inflated price, probably more precise handling, although I've never driven the CTS-V so I couldn't say for sure.

From a performance standpoint, the V gets you slightly more car for way less money.
This is true..but there's more a car than horsepower

Yeah, there is. Like a transmission that doesn't jerk you around during normal driving. The SMG in the e60 M5 is one of the worst transmissions of alltime. And the manual version doesn't let you turn the stability control off. (I think they fixed that in later M5s.) The iDrive system is abysmal. Sounnecessarily complicated. You have to adjust the power button, EDC, DSC, and shift program button if you want to maximize its performance. And the styling ishideous (but that's an opinion, others may disagree.)

e39 > e60 m5

cts-v > e60 m5

and this is coming from me and i love euro cars

100% truth.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

CTS-V = fastest production 4-door sedan in the world.

M5 is a BMW, which means more refined, luxurious, inflated price, probably more precise handling, although I've never driven the CTS-V so I couldn't say for sure.

From a performance standpoint, the V gets you slightly more car for way less money.
This is true..but there's more a car than horsepower

Yeah, there is. Like a transmission that doesn't jerk you around during normal driving. The SMG in the e60 M5 is one of the worst transmissions of all time. And the manual version doesn't let you turn the stability control off. (I think they fixed that in later M5s.) The iDrive system is abysmal. So unnecessarily complicated. You have to adjust the power button, EDC, DSC, and shift program button if you want to maximize its performance. And the styling is hideous (but that's an opinion, others may disagree.)

e39 > e60 m5

cts-v > e60 m5

and this is coming from me and i love euro cars

100% truth.

SMG sucks, true. But have you actually used the iDrive on newer models or are you thinking of the first version of iDrive? Once you learn it (which takes anhour tops) it's quite intuitive.

I haven't used the newer version of iDrive but I hear it's a huge improvement.

Back
Top Bottom