Car for college?

Hey guys. Don't usually ask for help, but I'm gonna need some advice and I'd appreciate any info. I need to get a car for college and was looking for recommendations, car or loan related. I don't have an awful lot of money and I probably will need a loan for it.

I have a job, but I'm going to be going to school full time, so 'saving up' for one is really out of the question. Did any of you end up getting a loan for a car? Any advice? I have financial aid and I'm going to be working a 2 or 3 hours a day during the semester, but that's just for living expenses. I'm looking at about $5000 max for the car.

For what its worth, I did a search and couldn't find anything about this subject. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys. Don't usually ask for help, but I'm gonna need some advice and I'd appreciate any info. I need to get a car for college and was looking for recommendations, car or loan related. I don't have an awful lot of money and I probably will need a loan for it.

I have a job, but I'm going to be going to school full time, so 'saving up' for one is really out of the question. Did any of you end up getting a loan for a car? Any advice? I have financial aid and I'm going to be working a 2 or 3 hours a day during the semester, but that's just for living expenses. I'm looking at about $5000 max for the car.

For what its worth, I did a search and couldn't find anything about this subject. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I'll consider it. And I'm ready to learn everything about my car once I get it. I'm a pretty hands-on guy so it shouldn't be too difficult to learn to fix it. If I get stuck I've got a couple friends that know more about cars than I ever will.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I'll consider it. And I'm ready to learn everything about my car once I get it. I'm a pretty hands-on guy so it shouldn't be too difficult to learn to fix it. If I get stuck I've got a couple friends that know more about cars than I ever will.

Thanks again.

Do you absolutely need it?

I know having a car makes live a lot easier, but can you walk/take the bus to class? Is your job close enough to do the same?

If not, then I'd recommend spending 2000-3000 and finding a cheap Honda or Toyota just to get you from point A to point B. Ask your friends to go with you to check out any cars you come across as well.

Do you absolutely need it?

I know having a car makes live a lot easier, but can you walk/take the bus to class? Is your job close enough to do the same?

If not, then I'd recommend spending 2000-3000 and finding a cheap Honda or Toyota just to get you from point A to point B. Ask your friends to go with you to check out any cars you come across as well.

I spent the whole summer on some public transportation %*#+ (School, work, etc.) all while saving up for a whip.

I literally almost pulled the trigger on a coupe yesterday but with some advice from my pops, I realized if anything I needed the car for the summer, I'm rarely will use it for the schoolyear.

So, I'm saving my money
ohwell.gif

I spent the whole summer on some public transportation %*#+ (School, work, etc.) all while saving up for a whip.

I literally almost pulled the trigger on a coupe yesterday but with some advice from my pops, I realized if anything I needed the car for the summer, I'm rarely will use it for the schoolyear.

So, I'm saving my money
ohwell.gif

dont get a loan tbecause if worse comes to worse and you have to quit your job to keep up with school, you wont be able to.

my recommendation would be something small like a honda civic or acura integra because they dont waste to much gas and are pretty reliable if taken care of.

for about 2 to 3 thousand dollars you can find something really reliable and in good condition.

dont get a loan tbecause if worse comes to worse and you have to quit your job to keep up with school, you wont be able to.

my recommendation would be something small like a honda civic or acura integra because they dont waste to much gas and are pretty reliable if taken care of.

for about 2 to 3 thousand dollars you can find something really reliable and in good condition.

i recommend a toyota or honda. i swear those things last forever.
but in reality any car will last you for ever if its taken care of properly

i recommend a toyota or honda. i swear those things last forever.
but in reality any car will last you for ever if its taken care of properly

Thanks for the information guys. I really appreciate it. I've narrowed it down to a Honda or Nissan, but most likely I'm going to get a Civic w/ manual transmission.

My 'job' for this year will be an on campus work-study job. School transportation is great, but there's a lot of places it won't take me, and for those places (especially visiting home, I need to do this at least 2 times a week haha) I need a car.

I currently 'have' a car, but it's one of two that my family uses. I can't take it with me because my brother needs one for his school and my mother needs the other car. I can't leave them with only one car, so my only option is to buy one for myself.

Thanks again everyone.

Thanks for the information guys. I really appreciate it. I've narrowed it down to a Honda or Nissan, but most likely I'm going to get a Civic w/ manual transmission.

My 'job' for this year will be an on campus work-study job. School transportation is great, but there's a lot of places it won't take me, and for those places (especially visiting home, I need to do this at least 2 times a week haha) I need a car.

I currently 'have' a car, but it's one of two that my family uses. I can't take it with me because my brother needs one for his school and my mother needs the other car. I can't leave them with only one car, so my only option is to buy one for myself.

Thanks again everyone.

A solid, affordable car, late 90s, early 2000s would be good. Should get you through the 4 years if you take care of it. Then when you graduate, you can upgrade

A solid, affordable car, late 90s, early 2000s would be good. Should get you through the 4 years if you take care of it. Then when you graduate, you can upgrade

Back
Top Bottom