Car got broken into vol. should I just take the L?

So today my car got broken into it. Long story short, there's this 3 story parking garage we're suppose to park in for thecommunity college I go to. As usual I park there, go to class, and when i come back to my car after class I notice that my passenger side window was shattered.I'm guessing the person who did it wanted to steal the car but the alarm went off so he grabbed anything he could and of course the day I accidentallyleave my wallet in the glove compartment someone breaks into my car. -_- I only had $90, my license, and my school id in my wallet tho.

I called the cops and got a police report done. I was just wondering is there any legal action I can take? The parking garage isn'tspecifically for the school, but they have cameras inside. Is there anything I can do or should I just take the L? I'm not trying to pay $135 to fix thisbroken window.

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

You loose for having your wallet in your car.
or he could tighten up
laugh.gif

Yeah I know, I always have my wallet with me. I was late to class so I forgot I left in it in my glove department.

Originally Posted by xUptown

Yeah I know, I always have my wallet with me. I was late to class so I forgot I left in it in my glove department compartment.

fixed.

Fix the window, but what is the purpose of cameras if they aren't to secure your car??? Contact the manager of that garage and try to be reimbursed bro

Forgot to mention that they have a security desk in the front with monitors. Not sure if that makes a difference tho.

Yea it should make a difference....the culrpit should be on tape if that works and they should do some sort of investigation. Are you going to continue parkingthere ?? Or are you going to find a new place to park?

Waits for NT to say $135 is chump change. But yea try and look at the cameras and stuff though.

Nothing else you can really do. You're not going to be able to tell who it was. I've been in this same situation. Twice

People get their cars broken into all the time, if you didn't catch em in the act your probably S.O.L.

yea dont call the cops, just take your L sir

if yo dont want to pay for the window time to tape a plastic bag on there

Tell them to check the camera. $$%* happened to me at my old jobs parking lot. I knew the fool got my $$%* back and he paid for my window says he didnt know itwas my car. Whatever *$$$%%#$%$%!.

Originally Posted by KingRamey

damn

its been alot of shi going on with NT members

n_s getting jumped

n_s wifing rollers
grin.gif

n_s getting they **** stolen
smh.gif

Damn, now I know I'm on here too much when I can recall each of these threads.

when your car gets broken into, you can't do much but take the L. cops can't really do shiiiii

had my stereo stolen once
smh.gif
you gotta realize there's a small chance they'll ever actually find out who did it

Report the incident to the garage. Did you sign any type of contract to use it or do you pay as you go? Chances are they will do nothing. Ask them to fill outa report and report it to their insurance. They probably will deny it but its worth a shot. Maybe the garage will just reimburse you for the damages. Sometimesthey don't want those things on their record.

I always leave my wallet in my glove compartment, I should really stop that; but it all started cuz I only wore Bball shorts during the summer, and they didnthave pockets.

Back
Top Bottom