Car Heads Help me out School me on the WRX

Well im gonna be lookin into getting a new whip with in a month or so. My 02 GTI has just been giving me a lot of problems and I cant put anymore money into itwith it having 90k miles. Ive been looking into a WRX no need for an STI and am on a 15k budget. Any owners on here wanna share there opinions on how the cardrives, likes and dislikes and also how costly is matinence and what are the common problems ?

.....lets see.
15k. would probably get you a nice bugeye(02-03) decent milage. a peanut eye(04-05) high milage (80-90k) wrx is a GREAT CAR, best bang for your buck, drivablein ALL seasons, fun and quick car. the car drive fine. a bit harsher then a gti i'd expect. maintenance...not to costly just like any other car imo, if youwant it to be a dd. common problems are ****** issues. 3rd gear is known to blow first for bug eyes. just dont drive too hard i'd suggest you get a 05wrxfor a little more. the car changed interior which is 10 times better. and upgraded turbo*i think* there a bunch of subie owners on here. if we cant help youjoin this forum. nasioc.com large subi community great people. me and my bro own a 02 bugeye.

Yea i was hoping to look at a 04-05 maybe range from 50-60k lightly modded. I just dont wanna end up having this car in the shop non stop like my gti was.

Evo's are nice just anyone that I have known that has had 1 has had problems with it.

you gotta be kidding me.

he is talking about a WRX not a STI fools.

last time i checked the ralli art was the wrx competition haha.

2006.mitsubishi.lancer.jpg

evo X is wack, new sti owns it in ever category.

even older evo and sti's. sti owns. evo=boring interior.

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Get an EVO IX MR.
evo MR

fo shoo better
but a evo is better than a sti

Evo's are nice just anyone that I have known that has had 1 has had problems with it.

you guys are either idiots or can't read...

he has a budget of $15k...where he hell can you find a EVO IX for $15k..

Angel

I seen a beat one on craigslist once...

damn i think prices on wrx/sti's are generally going up now. for 15k you could probably get a 50-60k mile 02-03 wrx. if you're lucky maybe a 04-05. butlook around, search around forums, local pages, craigs, ebay and compare prices it should give you an idea of what you could do with that money.

i would love to buy a wrx but dont have the $$$. i heard nothing bad about them tho so you should be good.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

15 grand fro a sti. high milage on body 40#+@+ on engine. still a sti though

its not wise to buy a high mileage car just because its cheap
some expensive repair bills might pop up later that made that money you saved pointless

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

you gotta be kidding me.

he is talking about a WRX not a STI fools.

last time i checked the ralli art was the wrx competition haha.

2006.mitsubishi.lancer.jpg

evo X is wack, new sti owns it in ever category.

even older evo and sti's. sti owns. evo=boring interior.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, a lot of miss information here son.
First off, how is the 162hp, FWD Lancer Ralliart competition for the 227hp, AWD WRX? It's not, what made you come to that conclusion is beyond me.The Ralliart is competition for the tC, EP3 Civic Si, Spec-V, Neon RT, Mazda 3 etc.

Far as the Evo X and STi, state what categories and why it 'owns' it? The fact you even threw in that the old STi own the older Evo as in the VIII andIX and laughable at best. Your setting yourself up man, I got my ammo ready, I don't think you wanna do it....

haha. let play boost.

interior wise. you got nothing. and you know it. or are we gunna have to go into recaro vs. alcantara seats

exterior wise. bit of a tie imo. from evo 9's vortex gen, rear difusers, and that hood thingamjig. i think the sti has huge aggressive hood scoop, frontsplitters, 2 rear wings.

performance wise. i read countless magazines and rode in both. many of the mags. have said either the sti and evo are exactly the same 0-60 times or evo is.1-.2(4.9-5 seconds) faster nothing more. quarter miles are the same but times vary greatly in diff. mags.(i get mags from motor trend and road and track.)

ok so evo may have a bunch of electronics to help it, but the sti is a cheaper, more powerful, more standard features car(not sure if that made sense butowell)
plus can anyone tell me why there is such a big space between lines? i press enter but it looks like i press enter 3 times.

Back
Top Bottom