Car heads I need help. Which would win.

Ok so i was in a huge argument today about which car would win in a quarter mile. The cars are a 5.0 mustang GT with just a flowmaster nothing special. and theother car is a Honda hatchback EG with GSR. I dont know anything about cars so which one would you think would win in a quarter mile? i know that the honda hasa weight advantage.

Who's driving? If I was driving I'd pretty much lose to anyone in the quarter mile, irregardless of which car I was driving.

Don't underestimate those swapped Civics though, they are light, quick and cheap. It's amazing how far people have taken them.

i love eg hatches but the mustang would prob. win. 5.0 v8 vs crappy lil civic? even if it has gsr or w/e i'm not too familar w/ honda engines but prob. noteven making 200 stock. plus auto is better for drag.

that is a very cleeeean EG but my friend doesnt have enough money for the turbo and all that haha.

i will be driving the 5.0

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

i love eg hatches but the mustang would prob. win. 5.0 v8 vs crappy lil civic? even if it has gsr or w/e i'm not too familar w/ honda engines but prob. not even making 200 stock. plus auto is better for drag.

your a newb.

5.0 mustangs were REALLY heavy. what 3200-3300? civic is about a good 2300?

1000 pound difference. horsepower? 5.0 mustangs only had like 200ish. the civic gsr(teggy) engine has 160?

power to weight ratio is killer. face it.

i'd put my money on the civic.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

i love eg hatches but the mustang would prob. win. 5.0 v8 vs crappy lil civic? even if it has gsr or w/e i'm not too familar w/ honda engines but prob. not even making 200 stock. plus auto is better for drag.

your a newb.

1000 pound difference. horsepower? 5.0 mustangs only had like 200ish. the civic gsr(teggy) engine has 160?

Your logic is correct, but your numbers are wrong-a stock gsr integra has at least 190 horsepower depending on the year. If it's a 5.0 from 88-93Mustang, there's no way it could beat a gsr-powered hatchback civic. However, if you had a later model 5.0(before they switched to the 5.4), the mustangwould probably win. However, like someone else said earlier, it really depends on the driver more than anything.

#!@? 5.4?

LOL

They are both slow. Fox Body GT auto is a good high 14 low 15 second car. Even if the hatch has a GSR engine it is still a mid 15 second car maybe low 15second car.

I'd go with the mustang because: 1) has way more torque and 2) Is an auto so less likely than a chance of missing a gear

yea i have one of the later 5.0s a 93. and i know the only major concern is the weight difference cause shooot my door is already heavy as hell.

Originally Posted by Integra Owner

your a newb.

Your logic is correct, but your numbers are wrong-a stock gsr integra has at least 190 horsepower depending on the year. If it's a 5.0 from 88-93 Mustang, there's no way it could beat a gsr-powered hatchback civic. However, if you had a later model 5.0(before they switched to the 5.4), the mustang would probably win. However, like someone else said earlier, it really depends on the driver more than anything.

5.4 huh? Pretty much the only Mustang with a 5.4 liter is the new Shelby GT500's. All Mustang GT's from 96 and on have a 4.6 liter V8. Yes theMustang is heavy and a 94 GT i believe comes stock with 220 horses. Weight would be an advantage for the Civic but the Mustangs torque might take it later inthe race. Would be a good race and i would put my money on the Stang.

well i guess i am a noob b/c i'm not familiar with either cars...didnt noe the 5.0 mustangs were that slow. i guess theres only 1 way to find out...RACE!(on a track)

well i guess i am a noob b/c i'm not familiar with either cars...didnt noe the 5.0 mustangs were that slow. i guess theres only 1 way to find out...RACE! (on a track)

^well they are slow compared to today's cars. Back then running 13s is like running low 11s now.

your a newb.

Your logic is correct, but your numbers are wrong-a stock gsr integra has at least 190 horsepower depending on the year. If it's a 5.0 from 88-93 Mustang, there's no way it could beat a gsr-powered hatchback civic. However, if you had a later model 5.0(before they switched to the 5.4), the mustang would probably win. However, like someone else said earlier, it really depends on the driver more than anything.

your numbers are wrong on the gsr. all gsr motors are 170hp stock. the only motors(at the time) that were close to 190 are the b18c5(type-r) h22(prelude)b16b(civic type-r) either way this is one of the races that really depends on the driver. but since the mustang is automatic and the civic is manual i would gofor the civic due to the fact that you can keep the rpms higher in manual which would allow you stay in vtec longer.

of course. theres an old runway that is used over here and they recently made it into a 1/4 track

your a newb.

but how much of the 190hp goes to the wheels?

i still pick civic w/ the b18c1 motor though!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

your a newb.

your numbers are wrong on the gsr. all gsr motors are 170hp stock. the only motors(at the time) that were close to 190 are the b18c5(type-r) h22(prelude) b16b(civic type-r) either way this is one of the races that really depends on the driver. but since the mustang is automatic and the civic is manual i would go for the civic due to the fact that you can keep the rpms higher in manual which would allow you stay in vtec longer.

I was tired when I made that post. I thought about as I was going to sleep last night. When I said 190, I was thinking of the type r motors, whichactually put out 200 horsepower. I also screwed up on the mustang numbers because not even the cobras had the 5.4 liter engine. My fault on the numbers. Bottom line-civic probably takes a 5.0 mustang.

Back
Top Bottom