Car heads, so I crashed my car like an idiot. Any help is appreciated. Vol_ Pics

If you get it professionally done it wont be cheap. If you do it yourself you can probably pull off the job for about a grand.

Obvoiusly you need a new hood and bumper skin. It also looks like you will probably need the actual "bumper" to be pulled back into shape, especially on the drivers side. Your headlight assembly brackets should also be replaced, you can probably keep and re-use the old lights and housings but once a car is in a front end collision and brackets are bent its CRUCIAL you get your headlights re-alligned properly othewise you will be pissing off other drivers and getting pulled over regularly for having "hi beams" because the light shines in directions it shoudnt.

Luckily Pathfinders are very solid rides and it looks like you have no fender damage, this usually means there is no damage to your engine and the car shoud be totally driveable even in its current condition.

But... just to be on the safe side before you drive it in its current condition do these two things

1. Check and see if your headlights still work. If they stil do its a very good sign. If not, it means wires were broken in the collision and you will want to cover the car and keep it out of the rain until you can protect exposed electrical connections from the elements.

2. Put a large peice of cardboard under your entire engine compartment and leave it parked for 24 hours. Remove the cardboard the next day and examine for any leaks. If you are leaking anything DO NOT drive the car until its fixed. If there are no leaks the car is fine to drive. DO NOT run the a/c before you put the cardboard under the car because the condensation from the compressor will give the appearance that something is leaking when in fact it is not.

Last edited:

Thanks for the help. Is it a problem if rain gets into the front engine since there are openings?

Last edited:
Good news is you can drive it.
Bad news is it's gonna cost you. Go through your insurance, you pay your deductible. Your insurance rate with go up. Or as poster above said, buy the parts yourself and replace them, but will be expensive. Buy aftermarket parts to ease the cost. Chalk it up at as a costly mistake.

Last edited:
[h1] [/h1]
CAR HEADS, SO I CRASHED MY CAR LIKE AN IDIOT. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. VOL_ PICS
The title had me laughing out loud for real, anytime people add "like an idiot" to the end of a sentence I laugh 

If you have insurance you can claim hit and run or accidental repair and only pay the deductible. 2k+

If you drive with both feet its bound to happen again, so maybe you dont wanna repair it.

As long as the headlights work you can drive it.  I've seen people drive cars in worse conditions and not get pulled over, so you should be good...

Incase you wanna cheap out on replacement parts,

There are some front bumpers and hoods ( not oem though) on ebay.

Check craigslist incase someone has those parts for sale. my cousin wreck his front end and we ended up finding a replacement for HELLA cheap

Back
Top Bottom