Car Insurance Gurus - Need Help

I'm in a jam homies, I figured NT is the only place that might be able to help me.

Long story short after a few speeding tickets (eat a **** Deblasio) and a totaled vehicle in the last year my monthly payments with Geico have sky rocketed to over $500 a month (full coverage).

After many years on NT, I've learned that there's cats in here that have knowledge on everything from the stock market to casting couch illuminati. I KNOW there has to be members here with knowledge on the car insurance game.

I'm open to calling these ghetto companies like The General or something but I wanted to come on here first to see what info I can get from you fine young gentleman.
Anyone know of any obscure companies that can get the job done until this goes away?
Other suggestions?

I'll pay any helpful individual with wine or liquor.
Pls respond.

Last edited:
Find another company. If you have other insurance like home and renters, combine it all to cut cost.

I wouldn't recommend a bad company, depending on state laws they can literally not pay out over small technicalities if you had a claim.

Also raise your deductible.

How is it Deblasio's fault that you were speeding?

But your best bet is to just get quotes from competitor insurance companies. Or sign up with a credit union that offers car insurance as well. The credit union might be the cheapest outcome. But in all, learn how to drive bruh.

Last edited:
As a new yorker, learn when to speed and when not to

The general and cure don't write policies for NY

Also your credit report plays a role in how much you pay for auto insurance believe it or not. To them you are less of a risk if you have good credit. Stupidest correlation I've heard. Just another way to rob poor people

Shop around. I had Geico then switched to progressive

Those tickets are going to be on your NY driving record for a minimum of 3 years. Everytime you get an insurance quote from any company, it will pop up and they will either deny you or have you pay a huge insurance rate. You are pretty much fk'd

I got a BS ticket for not using my turn signal back in 2013, which I know I did and that ish raised my insurance rate. Still pops up when I try to get a quote from other companies

Insurance is a racket :smh:

Last edited:
Find out if NY is an EARS state meaning the DMV reports motor vehicle reports on usually a monthly basis. If they are which I think I remember they are there's really nothing you can do. Call Geico see if you're getting all your discounts. If so then move to coverages. See what the minimums are in your state & work from there. Having extra coverages like uninsured motorist will make that premium fly so double check. Tbh your premium is gonna be high anyway though bc of your location, age, & activity. Switching companies might actually do more harm than good & for god sakes don't get the general they suck

But your best bet is to just get quotes from competitor insurance companies. Or sign up with a credit union that offers car insurance as well. The credit union might be the cheapest outcome. But in all, learn how to drive bruh.

Deblasio took office and figured out how to get motorists to cough up a lot of money.

Speeding limit changed to 25MPH throughout the city.
I'd hardly call 40MPH not knowing how to drive.
Got pulled over twice for that.

Cops have told me straight up that they're getting extra pressure from the administration to crack down on motorists.
So once again, Deblasio can eat fat one.

I'm just looking for options at this point.
It's a lot of money to be throwing away on car insurance.
Going to start making calls today.

What kind of car do you drive?

If it's that serious to you, you might want to consider whipping a beater with basic liability until you can get your record cleared up and rates down.

Deblasio took office and figured out how to get motorists to cough up a lot of money.

Speeding limit changed to 25MPH throughout the city.
I'd hardly call 40MPH not knowing how to drive.
Got pulled over twice for that.

Cops have told me straight up that they're getting extra pressure from the administration to crack down on motorists.
So once again, Deblasio can eat fat one.

I'm just looking for options at this point.
It's a lot of money to be throwing away on car insurance.
Going to start making calls today.

Vision zero = $ squeeze

I'm a jersey resident as it is.
Jumpin on to someone else's policy did cross my mind but I don't know if I'm at the point where I'm tryin to do that.

Car insurance is the biggest scam. They need to totally rehaul the way it's formed and works. Geico is the cheapest outcome for me.

Switch companies, fam. Shop around to see if you can get anything lower. Those incidents on your record will stay for at least 3 years.
Some options that could work:
1) have a family member with GOOD CREDIT hop on your policy
2) Increase the deductibles

Increase all of your deductibles, sign up for any discounts they provide, and pray.

Didn't even think about increasing deductibles.
This the kind of stuff I was talking about.

Bout to sign up for that $5K deductible plan.
:pimp:

I'm a jersey resident as it is.
Jumpin on to someone else's policy did cross my mind but I don't know if I'm at the point where I'm tryin to do that.
Just moved to Jersey from NYC roughly a year ago. By switching my policy from NYC to NJ, I was saving $200+ monthly (Went from $340 to $118 a month). Another option is to check with your employer. I recently found out that my company offers extremely cheap car insurance with some NJ based company.

Last option is to get you a friend on the force and get a family badge/PBA card. I've gotten out of plenty of tint tickets amongst other things.

Try Esurance, cheapest company I ever been with. I pay $70 a month. It's a web based company, they do not have any offices.

Back
Top Bottom