Car Insurance lapse

putting in work

Supporter
Has anyone had this issue before?

I was in the process of moving and all my mail was going to the old address and i forgot about my car insurance.

The insurance lapse and the DMV says if I don't pay a $64 fine I will have my license plates and registration suspended for 8 days.

My question is what if I don't pay the $64 fine and not drive for those 8 days. Would everything be good after the 8 days are up or is it like if I don't pay the fine even after the 8 days my license and registration will be suspended until I pay the fine.

I'm in NY by the way.

Pay the $64 fine. Getting caught with bad plates and suspended registration can have serious ramifications. Especially your in nyc, nypd stop they gonna tow your car and ot will cost you way more than $64 to get the car out from a nypd impound lot.

Only a crime if u get caught

:lol: :smh:

Pay the fine and keep it moving, $64 is nothing when it comes to fines. Its the DMV, they ALWAYS win.

Pay the $64 fine. Getting caught with bad plates and suspended registration can have serious ramifications. Especially your in nyc, nypd stop they gonna tow your car and ot will cost you way more than $64 to get the car out from a nypd impound lot.

Yeah that's the thing though I don't plan on driving the car at all it's just going to be parked up. I don't drive my car at all anymore, and my wife has the same thing too because she is under my insurance but whenever she's pulled over she pulls out this union thing and cops let her off no question unless it's like an accident.

I was just thinking that since I don't drive my car like that at all and don't plan to in the next 8 days that I should keep that $64 for me and pay her fine, but I want to know if after the 8 days are up will my stuff be reinstated or not until I pay the $64 fine.

Yeah that's the thing though I don't plan on driving the car at all it's just going to be parked up. I don't drive my car at all anymore, and my wife has the same thing too because she is under my insurance but whenever she's pulled over she pulls out this union thing and cops let her off no question unless it's like an accident.

I was just thinking that since I don't drive my car like that at all and don't plan to in the next 8 days that I should keep that $64 for me and pay her fine, but I want to know if after the 8 days are up will my stuff be reinstated or not until I pay the $64 fine.

That union pba card can only get you so far sometimes, ive had friends get that card broken in half by the grimmest of nypd cops.

That union pba card can only get you so far sometimes, ive had friends get that card broken in half by the grimmest of nypd cops.

It's not a PBA card it's a UFT thing but it's for teachers and once they see it or she says she's a teacher they just tell her have a good day.

They can change it if they really want. Just threaten to leave

This dude I work with said to call geico tomorrow to see what they can do.

Usually they help you out I was in the process of moving and didn't update my address. And forgot about it :smh:

In NYC also. Happened to me back in 2012 around hurricane sandy upstate at a checkpoint while visiting friends at school. Crazy thing is I was profiled at the checkpoint. They let the white drivers ahead of me go but the racist cop told me to pull over so he could run my license and registration :smh:

My whip got towed. Had to go to court and get a lawyer. My license got suspended cuz I went without insurance for like 2 months.

Take care of that ASAP

Not worth the money you are going to have to spend on a lawyer, tickets, and impound fees if you get caught

In NYC also. Happened to me back in 2012 around hurricane sandy upstate at a checkpoint while visiting friends at school. Crazy thing is I was profiled at the checkpoint. They let the white drivers ahead of me go but the racist cop told me to pull over so he could run my license and registration :smh:

My whip got towed. Had to go to court and get a lawyer. My license got suspended cuz I went without insurance for like 2 months.

Yeah, but I'm thinking like 8 days isn't really going to be a big issue especially since I don't drive.

Drove like 4 months uninsured and my license suspended

Get it how you live king

Take care of that ASAP

Not worth the money you are going to have to spend on a lawyer, tickets, and impound fees if you get caught

But in those 8 days I won't be driving so that's why I'm like why pay it if I know I won't be driving the car.

What I want to know if does the suspension stay after 8 days or does it get cleared?

I'm not here to pocket watch but, it's $64.

Pay that and go on with life.

Yes, I understand it's $64 and I have to pay it x2 so $128 that's not a problem.

I'm just saying that if I won't be driving my car at all for the next 8 days why should I pay it if I don't have too and save the $64 and just pay it for my girl's car.

Well not sure if I have to or not, but I'm just asking others that had this after the suspension is over is my license and registration reinstated.

Yes, I understand it's $64 and I have to pay it x2 so $128 that's not a problem.

I'm just saying that if I won't be driving my car at all for the next 8 days why should I pay it if I don't have too and save the $64 and just pay it for my girl's car.

Well not sure if I have to or not, but I'm just asking others that had this after the suspension is over is my license and registration reinstated.

I don't think fines just go away :lol:

Maybe I'm not understanding, or you're not making yourself clear.

A fine is a fine.

Pay it or it will go up in consequences.

In nyc they will give you $100+ ticket for a suspended or expired registration sticker on the car. And when you rack up enought tickets its gonna get impounded, they will actually come to your crib to impound it, when the tickets go unpaid.

Back
Top Bottom