car price negotiation

today I went to a dealership and was trying to get a good deal for a 2006 civic ex. I tried to get the car salesman to give me $1000 discount off the stickerprice but he hit me with the " [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]We need to make enough profit to payfor the lights, the electricity, and the salesmen" so i told him that it sounds like his dealership has financial trouble and said ill check out otherdealerships.

can you guys give me some advice on how to lower the sticker price of a car.
[/font]

You got cash?

Say you got cash.........

If they really can't go for the $1,000 maybe they can give you $999 off

well me being a car salesman before.1. Usually dealers don't drop the price from the sticker because they usually cash and carry price. 2. you prolydidn't have enough down payment? 3. just go to another dealership they usually could work something out.

Originally Posted by Hugo

well me being a car salesman before.1. Usually dealers don't drop the price from the sticker because they usually cash and carry price. 2. you proly didn't have enough down payment? 3. just go to another dealership they usually could work something out.
the car is only $13000 and I had $13000 cash but wanted to keep a $1000 for insurance

Idk what to do about your situation, but
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
to handing over 130 benjamins in a transaction

hmm they are jerks. they proly like damn this guy wants to pay 12gs but he doesnt expect to pay the taxes,fees,ect. My boss turn down a lot of potential salesi had
we also had a Armada advertised for 18gs and someone came all the way from jersey to pay 16gs cash, and he said no -_- i was sooo pissed

when i got my first car i just came with cash and i walk away with a extra $1500 in my pocket. just got talk a lil game them show them the cash and you shouldbe good

Tell them how much your comfortable paying INCLUDING tax. If they cant meet that, tell him have a nice day. He'll stop you at the door and work somethingout for sure.

isnt the tax like 10% and a $150 document fee?
i Guess ill come back in like a week and talk to them and try to work something out and also check out some other dealerships.
one more question. how reliable is carfax?

well depends where you live at. and carfax is real reliable BUT sometimes some cars have been in accidents and never been reported to the insurance, so theywont show in the car fax :/.

Originally Posted by Hugo

well depends where you live at. and carfax is real reliable BUT sometimes some cars have been in accidents and never been reported to the insurance, so they wont show in the car fax :/.

Word to me
smh.gif

and lol @ the pay the bills and electricity remark, my manger loved saying that crap.

Originally Posted by illmatickal

would it be harder to haggle the price if you're financing or leasing?

No cash, no leverage. It's hard for a business to turn down cash.

Back
Top Bottom