Car Question, Car won't start! Honda Civic 93 DX

The car cranks but doesn't start:

Changed the main switch relay and distributor already. Im out of ideas. What do you guys think it is?

The car cranks but doesn't start:

Changed the main switch relay and distributor already. Im out of ideas. What do you guys think it is?

it needs spark, air and gas to start. maybe its not getting the fuel it needs. How do you know its getting spark or maybe your spark plug wires are out of order.

it needs spark, air and gas to start. maybe its not getting the fuel it needs. How do you know its getting spark or maybe your spark plug wires are out of order.

you probably already tried but give the gas peddle a few pumps before u turn the key. and then as it starts cranking after you turn the key start pumping the gas peddle again

you probably already tried but give the gas peddle a few pumps before u turn the key. and then as it starts cranking after you turn the key start pumping the gas peddle again

geez...those are usually the first things you look at on a honda of that year. If you replaced the distributor then I'm sure you already troubleshot the rest of the ignition ie plugs and wires to ensure good spark. Plus you replaced the main relay so it shouldn't necessarily be a problem of no fuel pressure at all, but you might want to check the fuel pressure itself...fuel filter could be clogged, giving weak pressure..if not the pump and wiring may have gone bad.

geez...those are usually the first things you look at on a honda of that year. If you replaced the distributor then I'm sure you already troubleshot the rest of the ignition ie plugs and wires to ensure good spark. Plus you replaced the main relay so it shouldn't necessarily be a problem of no fuel pressure at all, but you might want to check the fuel pressure itself...fuel filter could be clogged, giving weak pressure..if not the pump and wiring may have gone bad.

Update: I was changing the spark plugs yesterday and notice #2 spark plug chamber had oil in it. Could that be causing my car not to start? I thought at least my car can start and cause some knocking. Anyway, i just ordered some valve cover gasket seals and will soak the oil out of that #2 chamber. You guys think this is the problem?

I also got a new fuel filter, but my gas tank is half full. I read that I have to start the car first and drain the gas to relieve pressure before I replace it with the new one. Is that right? i'll lose half a tank of gas? =/ How can I do that if I can't start the car in the first place?

Got some new NGK spark wires and NGK G-Power spark plugs.
smokin.gif

Update: I was changing the spark plugs yesterday and notice #2 spark plug chamber had oil in it. Could that be causing my car not to start? I thought at least my car can start and cause some knocking. Anyway, i just ordered some valve cover gasket seals and will soak the oil out of that #2 chamber. You guys think this is the problem?

I also got a new fuel filter, but my gas tank is half full. I read that I have to start the car first and drain the gas to relieve pressure before I replace it with the new one. Is that right? i'll lose half a tank of gas? =/ How can I do that if I can't start the car in the first place?

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

eh even if one plug hole has oil in it, it should still start..albeit a lil rough. it would be a good idea to clean/replace the plugs if you've been continuously cranking the car. as far as the fuel filter deal..i dunno about relieving pressure n all that. a lil spilled gas aint gonna kill nobody.

did you have any problems with the car before this happened?

eh even if one plug hole has oil in it, it should still start..albeit a lil rough. it would be a good idea to clean/replace the plugs if you've been continuously cranking the car. as far as the fuel filter deal..i dunno about relieving pressure n all that. a lil spilled gas aint gonna kill nobody.

did you have any problems with the car before this happened?

Back
Top Bottom