Car Rental For Great Prices: Do They Exist???

Taking a family trip in the next 3 weeks. Been looking for car rentals and the prices I'm getting seem
eek.gif
 Granted, I am renting for 9 days.....but im looking at $1000+ to rent a Cherokee?
My people tell me they get great prices when renting.....but when I look......its the opposite
ohwell.gif

Any recommendations? I checked enterprise....budget....hurtz....avis....any more?  

priceline.com, priceline.com name your own price, and hotwire.com I can't even remember the last time I paid more than $20 day for a car. If you're nice, they even upgrade me for free a lot of times. Yea 110 a day for a Cherokee is a total ripoff. Where are you going to be if you don't mind me asking.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

priceline.com, priceline.com name your own price, and hotwire.com I can't even remember the last time I paid more than $20 day for a car. If you're nice, they even upgrade me for free a lot of times. Yea 110 a day for a Cherokee is a total ripoff. Where are you going to be if you don't mind me asking.
We are going to Kansas
laugh.gif

Yup NY to Kansas to visit my sister. Decided to take a road trip to see the different places on the way........

Yea check priceline and do the name your own price thing and start at $10, I think you'll get a deal right there at that price. I assume you're renting from NY then, right? Last time I went, I think I paid about $12 a day from Newark airport rental www.biddingfortravel.com

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Yea check priceline and do the name your own price thing and start at $10, I think you'll get a deal right there at that price. I assume you're renting from NY then, right? Last time I went, I think I paid about $12 a day from Newark airport rental www.biddingfortravel.com
Im assuming it was an economy car that you rented?

I forgot you wanted an SUV, I have rented SUV's for like under $30 too. Hell, if you are cool, sometimes they will upgrade you at the counter for free

Yeah NY prices are usually more expensive than a lot of states I rented from. I usually rent from Jersey or Albany so it could be cheaper.

Your problem is you're renting it for an extended period of time during the peak travel season and you're also putting a lot of miles on the car too.

What about checking with a friend whose car is covered for other drivers and offering them about $500? I'm sure they would appreciate that if they're willing to part with a car for a week.

Dont rent from airports they usually charge an extra fee (airports usually have better selections)

Try different areas some are cheaper than others because of taxes and fees.

Slickdeals travel usually has great options.

+1 for Hotwire.com edit: just did a quick search for 7/20 to 7/29 with an O'Hare pickup and drop-off and found a Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar for 45.10 per day.

Back
Top Bottom