Car shops in the bay which can cut some metal?

So I need some metal cut off from the trunk of my car so I can put a subwoofer box in through the rear seats. I need to cut off 1/2 - 1 inch of metal and Ineed a shop that can do it for me.

Anybody? I live in the 510 area (Fremont to be exact) and I want to put my system in

You don't need a car shop.. anyone with a sawsall can do that.. piece of cake... You gotta have a friend that has a sawsall, a saw or a die grinder thatcan cut it out for you.. btw, what kind of car?

+1... you don't necessarily need a car shop to do it. Just make sure whoever does it makes a clean cut and covers the edges with something so you won'tever get cut.

its a '99 Accord. I just need to cut some excess metal away.

I am in the process of dynamating + taking out my rear seats. the opening behind the rear seats on my honda isn't all that big, and I need to slide a16.5" tall box through the tiny hole, so I'm hoping I can cut away some metal.

is it possible to rent a sawsall and do it myself? Doesn't sound all that difficult.

here's the area I need to cut..

because well...

It just won't fit from the front (and that's with the spare tire taken out.

I would be careful cutting that part of your car. It looks more like a structural piece rather than a trunk wall. Really hard to tell from this angle.

if I cut around a 1/2 inch, it'll be ok I think. i'm not going into it anytime soon, I Just wanna know what tools I would need.

Yea, it's a 15.

Ended up with a 15" TC-Sounds sub. They changed their name..but heres the sub i got in a DVC coil configuration. running a 1500 watt Sundown (online company) to the sub, anda Diamond D7104 component amp to a pair of Rainbow Germanium 6.5" comps.

I'll try to get a vid up, or if you host another summit i'll come in person
nerd.gif

Like SFGR415 said you might be cutting out a structural piece there. Is it single thickness or double thickness in that area? The thing that makes me hesitateon cutting that is tha shock towers are on the direct sides of that center piece. You should be good though as long as you don;t cut it all the way to the topand leave some of the edge facing down. If it is a structural piece you can always make a few braces and have them welded in, not a big deal... I'm in SanMateo and could do it for you but you'd have to bring it here... If it's as simple as cutting it out it's like a 5 min job...

metalmaned,

thanks, I appreciate the help. I'm gonna take out the backseats this weekend to see if theres anything else I could potentially do. Expect a PM your way,and we'll work something out. I'll even drive to San Mateo so you can take a look and see what can be classified as excess metal. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom