Car wheels question. Rims.

So you live in the hood with a nice car you wannna put rims on?

Instantly thought of the thread where cam came out to find his car on cinder blocks

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I'm in the process of narrowing down cars. Malibu, Impala, Grand Prix are my top choices at the moment due to long term flex they allow me.
I don't live in the hood, but its not the burbs either. 

Now I can see if I were trying to 20+ inch chrome wheels on a car, but I'm not. They are just wheels with a design. Nothing really flashy. Just nice.

Instantly thought of the thread where cam came out to find his car on cinder blocks

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
eek.gif
 Me too. They did that Impala and Cam WRONG! 
tired.gif

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

Those are hideous.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't think I listed anywhere "what do you think of these wheels I like".[/font]

SDC11345a.jpg

Rims look good here.

They don't look like "targeted" wheels. 

THESE strike me as don't even think about it...

scaled.php

Just buy what you like. And do what my friend does, replace all five lugnuts with 5 different wheel locks. Didn't stop him from crashing into a building though.

Originally Posted by Dannyy0221

do what my friend does, replace all five lugnuts with 5 different wheel locks. 

Was it a simple process? Sounds interesting.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Dannyy0221

do what my friend does, replace all five lugnuts with 5 different wheel locks. 

Was it a simple process? Sounds interesting.
Its easy, you just buy 5 different patterns of wheel locks and put one of each kind on each wheel.  If you can change a tire you can do it.

But it will be a pain if you ever need to take your rims off.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

That will just slow them down

Those kinda wheels do get stolen.

Hard working people can't have nuffin!
The parking lot down here is jam packed car to car. How often do they target cars in lots like that? Seems like its a higher risk of someone seeing them.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't think I listed anywhere "what do you think of these wheels I like".[/font]

Well, that's what I was getting at. No one is stealing those because their ugly.

*Most people steal OEM wheels BTW

Money87 wrote:

Man, ya'll remember EVERY damn thing! 

When you put rims on cars, #$*% happens....just get the wheels insured & keep receipts. Got the price that I paid for the rims within 4 days...shoutout to Progressive. 

Certain wheels are "targeted"...mainly DUB, Davin, Asanti & Forgiato, if you're talkin wheels for larger sizes. However, I've also seen no-names rims get stolen & cars left on bricks as well with 'em. You can never be too safe these days. 

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I'm in the process of narrowing down cars. Malibu, Impala, Grand Prix are my top choices at the moment due to long term flex they allow me.
I don't live in the hood, but its not the burbs either. 

Now I can see if I were trying to 20+ inch chrome wheels on a car, but I'm not. They are just wheels with a design. Nothing really flashy. Just nice.

If you're goin for 20" & down, you should be ok...if you were talkin 24's or higher, then yeah....go the extra mile

Get some performance rims, not those black/chrome cheap ones.

No one that isn't a carhead is going to try and steal some matte black HRE P40s or Rays

Back
Top Bottom