CARDIO AND RUNNING THREAD

I use to be overweight in high school because i had asthma...fast forward 5 years later and im an addict to running, ive had my fases when i got tired ofrunning but lately my motivation for running is back, and this time im planning on running for the rest of my life.

list any tips on stretching, vitamins, any marathons that you completed, types of shoes and anything running related.
smile.gif

I've recently dedicated myself to running every day. I am not a morning person, so I go for runs when I get home from work.

Yesterday I ran about 6.5 miles around 7 PM. It was one of those runs where I got way past my old distance plateau, so I was really happy about that. Lookingforward to my run tonight when I get home...

I take my B-vitamins, fish oil, A, C and multi every morning.

Stretching...I do hamstrings, quads and calves for 2 minutes total each.

Shoes...been using the NB 757's and I couldn't be happier. They're comfy, my feet NEVER hurt after a run, my laces never come undone, and they fitperfectly.

I recommend going to a running specific shoe store and have them check your gait. Not like a footlocker or Champs. They will recommend shoes based on yourgait. Everyone is different so one running shoe may work for one person but not for another. Good luck!

ive been fought through asthma and periods when i smoked a lot of marijuana, im amazed at myself because of what ive gone through and im still motivated to run

good thread, i just started running after my workouts and it feels great. only today i couldnt push my self to go over 10 mins lol. im not much of a runner, ihave pretty small calfs.

but ive been running in my LeBron 2s, i need a running shoe, i have a pair of shox NZ but their at my KC house. any tips? i have mostly jordans with me, whatwould be the best to run in?

Is this a good effective HIIT plan?

1. 3 minutes warm up
2. 20 seconds max intensity
3. 10 seconds low intensity
4. Repeat step 2 & 3 8 times for a total of 4 minutes
5. 2 minutes low intensity
6. 20 seconds max intensity
7. 10 seconds low intensity
8. Repeat step 6 & 7 8 times for a total of 4 minutes
9. 2 minutes cool down

Only running I do is a 1 mile run before every weight lifting session (4x a week), and bball on the weekends.

I can't run for 2-3+ miles just to run, I get bored rather easily.

Went for another 6+ mile run this evening
pimp.gif

I don't really get bored, I'm not sure why. I get to run in a nice part of DC with a lot of beautiful scenery so that might be it.

- Overpronator, I use Asics Kayano 15 (wish I got an E width tho)
- Runs 4-6 miles/week...wish I could do more but I have a busy sched with work
- I put some creativity in my cardio day:

I run from my crib to the top of the ski-hill near my place...cool down for around 5 mins, sprint down to the parking lot...walk for 5 mins then anothersprint. It takes me about 30 minutes for the whole thing *wish I could get an acurate distance for everything*

My cardio's way better compared on what I was clocking in April. I could do better ,but I still smoke cigs
tired.gif
I was running a 4:15-30/mile in '05 (yeah, I know a lot of you are beasts,but it's decent) and I wanna get back to that. I do 8:30 mile runs now
sick.gif

and people, if you feel very sore after running, it's probably because you haven't done enough stretching BEFORE andAFTER running.

-5 miles in the morning before work
-after work hoopin and the other 5 miles
10 miles a day 4 to 5 days a week, i am so addicted to running it is rdiculous!!!!

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

10 miles a day 4 to 5 days a week, i am so addicted to running it is rdiculous!!!!
thats tight man. wish i could do half that. ideally id like to do two before work and three after work...just to shed some lbs and stay in shape

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

what is yalls average mile time? I average 4 min 45 sec

Damn, thats fast. You just run at your max speed for the whole mile?

My last timed mile was around 6:40. Personal best though was 6:05
I run about a 7/8 min mile when I run long distances.

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

what is yalls average mile time? I average 4 min 45 sec

Impressive... I havent run sub 5 minute miles since highschool.... Now, its all about the 5K's.... I belong to a running group with the FDA in MD..... runa 5K race roughly every 3 weeks.... Running ( and proper Hydration) is the key to dropping weight and initial toning..... Def get fitted for running shoes buya running store as someone suggested.....

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

respect.

Any dude who can run 3 miles or more every morning before working amazes me because I cannot seriously do it. I'd be useless @ work if I did that.

My fastest mile time ever was 5:20, when I was in high school.

I normally run about 3-4 miles, 2-3 times a week. I'm planning on bumping both those numbers up with summer, though.

AND I've got swimming classes, so I'm gonna be killing it for the next couple months
pimp.gif

i run 2.5-3 miles 5 days a week, i try to increase in speed and distance. I cant run through the city tho, I run around various tracks in DC

Good thread.

I run 25 -30 miles per week.

Sunday I do my long runs (8 miles yesterday)
Monday I normally rest but I'm in the Air Force and we have PT so I did an easy 2.5 today.
Tuesday Easy run (nice comfortable pace for 3-6 miles.)
Wednesday Rest
Thursday Tempo run or speed work
Friday Another easy run
Sat resting up for that long run Sunday.

I run in Asics. Normally 2100 series shoes but now I have a pair of Asic Gel Kayano and a pair of Under Armor Revenant (I don't care to much for them.Kinda narrow feeling but I never sent them back.) I'm alternating with.

i be wantin to hit the treadmill but i never do.

i suffered an injury playin football 4 years ago that i never got looked at. and sometimes its hard for me to even walk.

i ran around the track with my aunt last summer........ran around 1 time and could barely take another step i was in so much pain. i was tip toe'ing fromthen until we left

im scared that ima get on a treadmill, have my injury activate and fly off that thing in front of everybody
smh.gif
laugh.gif

i played a lil football last month i was fine, but earlier this year i had trouble just walkin to class and cleaning my room
frown.gif

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Impressive... I havent run sub 5 minute miles since highschool....

Now, its all about the 5K's.... I belong to a running group with the FDA in MD..... run a 5K race roughly every 3 weeks....

Running ( and proper Hydration) is the key to dropping weight and initial toning.....

Def get fitted for running shoes buy a running store as someone suggested.....

curious...what is proper hydration for a runner?

That is my avg of all my best times. From mon - fri everyday I walk a mile then run/ fast jog 3.5 without stop, and then walk 2. On Saturday I walk one, timetest myself while I sprint one, then I run/ fast jog 2, and walk 2 more. I had the actual time trial recordings in my iPod (not Nike +) but I deleted them tomake room for more.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Impressive... I havent run sub 5 minute miles since highschool....

Now, its all about the 5K's.... I belong to a running group with the FDA in MD..... run a 5K race roughly every 3 weeks....

Running ( and proper Hydration) is the key to dropping weight and initial toning.....

Def get fitted for running shoes buy a running store as someone suggested.....

curious...what is proper hydration for a runner?
nerd.gif
I only drink after im done or when I pass my car duringthe last mile

Back
Top Bottom