Careful Driving In Daly City! Police Citing Everything!

Since Friday the DCPD and Broadmoor PD have been pulling over cars for any type of violation. Watch out especially around Sullivan Ave. (In & Out area).They're looking mainly for seat belt and modified cars to pull over and ticket. While at the Arco tonight 2 cars were pulled over and on Friday when I waswashing my car more than that were pulled.

Felt sorry for this one guy cuz he was heading to the car wash and got tagged for those 2 violations (seat belt and modified muffler). I just thought you guysshould know and be extra careful when driving in Daly City this weekend.

^^^ Same in SF... Got pulled over coming home from work about 20 minutes ago for my music being too loud. They are really cracking down on not stopping atcrosswalks for pedestrians too.

^^those dudes got lucky wit a ticket. san mateo county be poppin hoods now, some staright $*@!* @*$*. and when they pop open a hood they dont even know whatthey lookin for, they will just give you a referee ticket cause they+%!*#*@**. thats why i dont drive my car in DC or san mateo county for that matter. i got5% tint and i got a 450hp car with no cats.
Broc, where did u get pulled over at? i heard they were doing dui checkpoints on 4th st last night. and it seems like frisco cops be tagging a lot of peoplefor loud music lately, i got pulled over twice last week for that.

dc's always been hot, esp. around in-n-out, but i think they're cracking down even harder over there cuz some kid just smacked up/totalled his s2000 onthe offramp over there the other day.

rollers are gonna be out in extra force all over cuz of the holidays tho. i'm sure 19th ave in the city is gonna be bad as well cuz of what happened tothat poor girl on sloat a coupla months ago.

that said, sucks getting tix, but folks really do need to settle down out there....too many peeps rolling reckless all over the place, esp in SF. like brocsaid, they're busting hella people for not yielding to pedestrians too. they had a sting going on for a while on Taraval off 19th......heard one cop popped20+ drivers in just a couple hours!?
eek.gif

When i was at In&Out on thursday night i watched cops pull over about 6-8 cars while i was eating.Everyone one of them right into the arco station.

CL- Theyve been doing those stings on geary in the morning on 12ave and all the way before masonic near the shell station on geary.

Damn... I guess I will just have to be extra careful. Loud music, speeding, seatbelt, or modified parts is not a problem. I am just worried about tint and nofront plate. However, I drive in DC everyday and haven't got pulled over once.

Originally Posted by sfgr415

Damn... I guess I will just have to be extra careful. Loud music, speeding, seatbelt, or modified parts is not a problem. I am just worried about tint and no front plate. However, I drive in DC everyday and haven't got pulled over once.

The motorcycle cops will pull you over for sure both of those violations. They are usually by the new Toyota place, Safeway @ Westlake and Sullivan Ave.

I usually stay on Mission St between Top of the Hill and School St. I avoid San Pedro and the other side of 280 because I know there are more LE out there.

This isn't anything new. I've been harassed by DCPD since 02. They LOVED my WRX... Maybe the roll cage drew too much attention... And as far as hoodpopping goes, you guys need to read up on your rights. Hood popping = a search, which means they need probable cause. Asking you to pop your hood is the sameas asking you if they can search your car. You can refuse the search (aka popping your hood). I've done that many times and had no rebuttal. Show them youknow your rights without being an %!%%#%# and you'll be fine.

just by looking if the car is modified is enough "probable cause" to for them to search whats under your hood

refusing to pop your hood might've worked back in the day, but that not gonna fly nowadays unless you get some straight up newbie cop. i ain't gonnaget into it again cuz i've chimed numerous times in the past on this. doesn't matter how polite you are, if a cop wants to mess w/you, he can+will.only thing you can do is not give cops any reason to pull you over+search/inspect your ride. don't drive like an a$#, and don't put illegal chit on+inyour vehicle or you have no one to blame but yourself if you get popped.

anyways, thx for the heads up on the geary st traffic stings, sBdunks. i knew about those too. i'm real familiar w/that strip and cops in that area.
wink.gif

another NTer is too.........mr. "GO GET HIM! PUNCH IT!!"
eyes.gif
lucky for that fool i'm good w/the diplomatic relations.
laugh.gif

btw, there was a big "california roll" (not coming to a complete stop) + failure to yield to pedestrians sting on balboa+ 2nd ave too. there'susually a motorcyle cop hiding out on the curb during morning+some afternoon rush hours as well.

Originally Posted by CLsmooth71

rollers are gonna be out in extra force all over cuz of the holidays tho. i'm sure 19th ave in the city is gonna be bad as well cuz of what happened to that poor girl on sloat a coupla months ago.
speaking of, they FINALLY added a left turn light on 19th and sloat...i noticed it for the first time the other day when i had to creep out onthat green..then it turned yellow and im still stuck in the intersection...then it turned red and im crapping bricks...then i see a green turn arrow...
eek.gif
....finally something productive at that intersection...

and DC has ALWAYS been harsh around that area...when coming home on 280 i ALWAYS see the blue and reds flashing up on that overpass next to in n out...thatarea is pretty straight forward so i always wonder what those people are getting tagged for...

while we are on the subject of getting pulled over..i drive like a grandma so i never have to worry about getting clipped for speeding...but my car is a giantbullseye for fix it tickets and i always get them when i travel into daly city and san mateo...ill have my windows down in broad daylight and ill get stoppedfor tints...or itll be pitch black outside and somehow cops in oncoming traffic can tell my windows are tinted...dudes have nothing better to do outthere...colma police
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by freshhh

whats the penalty for loud music?

word. id like to know too..ive been stopped for it once, but the cop didnt cite me..he just told me to keep it down and keep it moving...again in dalycity/colma
laugh.gif
....im surprised they havent started giving out fix it tickets to remove beat or something OD like that...

I got pulled over one time for a loud stereo in Colma right by 280Metro. Dude never cited me. He also gave me %%!# because I never used the rear view mirrorbut that is legal because I had 2 side view mirrors. He said, if I catch you again, I will cite you every 24 hours. When he came up to the car, he asked,"wheres your rear view mirror?" I reached under the seat and pulled it out. LOL. Doubt he was expecting that.

i think the fine is like 150 for loud music, or at least thats what the cop said before he let me go.

Originally Posted by jaYdoubLeu42

the charger cop car is ruthless.
just seen him arrest someone driving an early 90s dark red corolla sedan. he had backup this time.

before my 240sx was stolen, i was only pulled over twice less than a mile from my house. one for no front plate, the second was a loud exhaust that i'vehad for 2 years. cop asked me to open my hood when he heard my exhaust. i popped it for him b/c it was all legal under the hood. both tickets cost $10 to payafter fixing.

atleast i don't have to worry about my car being pulled over.
ohwell.gif

In Daly City they usually set up right before Westlake Mall at the bottom of the hill or on Mission Street between Albertson's & Jefferson High School.

Originally Posted by GuerillaUnit

has anyone seen any DUI checkpoints in the SF/DC/SSF area?

ive been through one in south city on hickey right before it meets el camino...it was set up at the stoplight where the chevy's is...

just last friday i was in daly city at town and country for some pool....

saw a dude in an integra get pulled over for who knows what
another car pulled over by an SUV cop
and another dude pulled over on El Camino Real near Jefferson High School

as for 19th ave, i havnt seen that many 5-0
i was just on it tonight ar around 1230am
and last night around 230am

Back
Top Bottom