Catholic Church not having the birth control restructure.

Despite 90% of practicing Catholics using some form of contraception AND the cost of the pills being turned onto the insurance companies.

And the GOP is loving it.

They don't need to worry about birth control when molesting little boys

25he51x.gif

30t6p3b.gif

...And this is why we always have these religion is crap talks on NT.

The more progressed we get, the more religion falls behind.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Word.
Honestly, i wasnt expecting or ever will expect the Catholic church to change their stance on this issue... 

I think it's always wise to distinguish between religion, and what people in positions of power use to rationalize their actions.

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

I think it's always wise to distinguish between religion, and what people in positions of power use to rationalize their actions.

Not when it pertains to CATHOLICISM. Catholicism is not the same as being a Protestant. What makes Catholicism so distinct is the fact that it does have this sick and utterly useless hierarchy of pedophiles and those who choose to cover for the pedophiles (the Pope). When you try to separate the people in power and the laypeople, then you might as well be a Protestant. 
Catholicism = the people in the position in power AND the laypeople. It is conjunctive. 

^shut the hell up.

ANYWAY

why should the church change its stance on this? because its pretty much a social norm to be promiscuous? i say this as one of those 90% of catholics that use bc.

Originally Posted by debs 168

^shut the hell up.

ANYWAY

why should the church change its stance on this? because its pretty much a social norm to be promiscuous? i say this as one of those 90% of catholics that use bc.

Because we're gonna have sex anyway. So this would be to decrease the number of STD's and abortions the church is so against...

But if the stance is changed, that pretty much states that religion is bologna if you can just re-write it as you go along.

I will admit the church is in a tough spot.

The church should be allowed to do what they want.

What the church does, should not effect you. Unless you're catholic, what is there to worry about?

^shut the hell up.

ANYWAY

how about preventing unwanted pregnancies and wide-spread disease...the hell?

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Word.
Honestly, i wasnt expecting or ever will expect the Catholic church to change their stance on this issue... 
Sooner or later they will, just like they accepted that the Earth is round and that paying your way to Heaven doesn't mean you're gonna get there. 

I'm actually not mad at the catholic church. If they want to be closed minded and live in the 4th century, more power to them.

I hope their hard-line stance pushes more people away from the church. Then people will see it for what it really is.

Its when they try to adopt the rules of the prevailing society that causes them to evolve and stay around longer and people forget the fact that the church used to be against the very things it now accepts.

I respect fundamentalists because at least they're consistent, even if I completely disagree. They stick to whatever they're saying. Its the flip-floppers who aren't deserving of ANY respect. 

SdZin.jpg

NW64b.jpg

36249p.jpg

most of you are viewing this from a secular view...one that doesn't like the catholic church and/or religion in the first place yet hardly knows anything about either.

i guarantee you that most ppl commenting on this in this thread havent stepped foot into a catholic church, don't regularly go to church, probably don't read their bibles, probably haven't read the bible in its entirety, are probably promiscuous, etc. etc.
yet they want to tell the church what it should or should not do.

and they judge the church based on the actions of a few.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Why is it a problem the catholic church condones birth control? Its against their religion.
I'd like to see where the Bible says that preventing conception is a sin...

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

^shut the hell up.

ANYWAY

Ya.. The poor, innocent church, let's leave them alone. 
laugh.gif

The Pope's stand on this you ask? Oh, sure, I'll tell ya..

Well, the ex-Nazi of a Pope goes to Africa, where over 20 million people are infected with HIV/AIDS. 

He tells them that they should not use condoms.. 

"HIV/AIDS is a tragedy that cannot be overcome through the distribution of condoms, which can even increase the problem."

That's why the should change there views.. because they are ruining lives with there idiotic view of the world.

The social norm to be promiscuous?? Word? I'm tired of hearing this stupid remark, show me anytime in history where humans were NOT sexually active before marriage.. Don't worry, I'll wait.. Just because people are having sex does not mean they are sex addicted freaks.. 
grin.gif

That's not enough, you need another reason, ok..

But here's the great part.. birth control can prevent STD's and Pregnancies.. isn't that great!!

The Catholic church is so against abortion, yet they are against birth control.. mind = blown 
laugh.gif

Providing B/C should drastically reduce unwanted pregnancies.. Saving 2 lives with one rubber!! 
laugh.gif
 Trademarked 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
i told that person to sthu because they and many of you sound ridiculous.
lets remove catholicism from this for a sec. log off NT and walk into your local church this sunday and tell the pastor to promote the use of condoms, birth control pills and various devices females put into them to prevent pregnancy. see what they say.

the church promotes marriage before sex 10 out of 10 times. do ppl !$!* before getting married? a lot do. but that doesn't make it right and thats the church's stance on this matter. its not changing, nor should it just because non religious ppl that hardly believe in God ANYWAY say it should change.

thats not a just a catholic belief, its a christian belief.

to all you ppl so adamant about the church changing this stance, so should we allow gay marriage within ALL denominations of christianity? would you be comfortable with your pastor doing that?

most of you are viewing this from a secular view...one that doesn't like the catholic church and/or religion in the first place yet hardly knows anything about either.

i guarantee you that most ppl commenting on this in this thread havent stepped foot into a catholic church, don't regularly go to church, probably don't read their bibles, probably haven't read the bible in its entirety, are probably promiscuous, etc. etc.
yet they want to tell the church what it should or should not do.

and they judge the church based on the actions of a few.
Promiscuity is a personal conviction, not a public one. If you want to sleep with 1 person or 100, thats your prerogative, but don't legislate that sort of morality for others. 
You're free to hold that opinion but no one has to submit that sort of personal ethos. 

I don't want to tell the church what to do, I just want the church to die a quick and painFUL death. Thats just my opinion though. 

The funny thing is, you act like reading the bible or going to church will make anything that the church says more...reasonable... 
roll.gif
...its what they were preaching in the first place that causes them to hemorrhage numbers like they are now.

Churches in Europe are leaking members like crazy...Many religious leaders are worried about the "rise of secularism" because they KNOW they're losing their power in society and they are kicking and screaming about it. 

The Pope needs to be tried at the Hague...and placed on trial for 20 years...since it takes so long for a conviction to occur. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

^shut the hell up.

ANYWAY

Ya.. The poor, innocent church, let's leave them alone. 
laugh.gif

The Pope's stand on this you ask? Oh, sure, I'll tell ya..

Well, the ex-Nazi of a Pope goes to Africa, where over 20 million people are infected with HIV/AIDS. 

He tells them that they should not use condoms.. 

"HIV/AIDS is a tragedy that cannot be overcome through the distribution of condoms, which can even increase the problem."

That's why the should change there views.. because they are ruining lives with there idiotic view of the world.

The social norm to be promiscuous?? Word? I'm tired of hearing this stupid remark, show me anytime in history where humans were NOT sexually active before marriage.. Don't worry, I'll wait.. Just because people are having sex does not mean they are sex addicted freaks.. 
grin.gif

That's not enough, you need another reason, ok..

But here's the great part.. birth control can prevent STD's and Pregnancies.. isn't that great!!

The Catholic church is so against abortion, yet they are against birth control.. mind = blown 
laugh.gif

Providing B/C should drastically reduce unwanted pregnancies.. Saving 2 lives with one rubber!! 
laugh.gif
 Trademarked 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
i told that person to sthu because they and many of you sound ridiculous. 
lets remove catholicism from this for a sec. log off NT and walk into your local church this sunday and tell the pastor to promote the use of condoms, birth control pills and various devices females put into them to prevent pregnancy. see what they say.

Thats the church. Thats their problem. Thus I do not care.

the church promotes marriage before sex 10 out of 10 times. do ppl !$!* before getting married? a lot do. but that doesn't make it right and thats the church's stance on this matter. its not changing, nor should it just because non religious ppl that hardly believe in God ANYWAY say it should change.

I don't want the catholic church to change...just like I don't want westboro baptist to change. Thats their prerogative to speak how they want and when they want. Thats their job, not mine. I won't tell them what to say.
What I WANT however, is for them to die off...the organization, not the people themselves. I'm no sadist.

But my wants are personal feelings, not objective assumptions I leverage onto others.

thats not a just a catholic belief, its a christian belief.

to all you ppl so adamant about the church changing this stance, so should we allow gay marriage within ALL denominations of christianity? would you be comfortable with your pastor doing that?

Since most of them are closet homosexuals? Sure. But I really don't care.
Its not like christians follow most of the bible anyways. On top of that, more churches are becoming open to gay membership because A. They feel its wrong to discriminate (even though the bible is against it) and B. They're losing members.

They're playing the reluctant game because they're LOSING in society. 

Back
Top Bottom