Cayman islands

Anyone been to the Cayman Islands?

The wife and I are looking at spending 5 days 4 nights mid august, I'm a huge fan of Kimpton hotels and they recently opened a new location there.

I'm a huge seafood guy, looking for the best local seafood restruants, I tried to google this but it only shows like 5 star fancy spots

Went to Grand Cayman for a week earlier this year. Top 3 for beaches in the Caribbean that I've been to (Turks&Caicos and Anguilla). A lot of places close early. I felt the food was mediocre (maybe I just ate at the wrong places), especially for the price (one of the most expensive Caribbean islands). I stayed on the west side along the Seven Mile Beach.

Here's a pic of Smith's Cove, nice chill/tan spot

Last edited:
Went to Grand Cayman 3-4 years ago.   Food was phenomenal (but expensive), in our opinion.   

Some places to eat: 

Eats Cafe

Sunshine Grill

The Cracked Conch

Alfresco 

We also got some Jerk Chicken from a little roadside "restaurant".   Looking at the map, I think it was "Red Bay Jerk Chicken".   It was so good. 

Anyone been to the Cayman Islands?

The wife and I are looking at spending 5 days 4 nights mid august, I'm a huge fan of Kimpton hotels and they recently opened a new location there.

I'm a huge seafood guy, looking for the best local seafood restruants, I tried to google this but it only shows like 5 star fancy spots

Haha great timing. Wifey and I were looking at Cayman Islands and I found the Kimpton yesterday. Looks like the best spot to stay at. We are planning for an October trip.

Back
Top Bottom