CBS Reporter Alison Parker, Adam Ward Shot and Killed on Live Broadcast

what in the world is wrong with people :x :x :x

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ographer-killed-moneta-live-broadcast-n416221

Aug 26 2015, 9:20 am ET

WDBJ7 Reporter Alison Parker, Photographer Adam Ward Killed in Moneta on Live Broadcast

by Cassandra Vinograd

A gunman killed a reporter and photographer during a live television broadcast in rural Virginia on Wednesday, according to officials and colleagues at the station.

In chilling footage that has been posted online, WDBJ7 correspondent Alison Parker is seen conducting an interview when shots and screams break out. The camera drops to the floor and the screams continue before the footage cuts away to a clearly confused and concerned anchor.

Image: Reporter Alison Parker

Reporter Alison Parker, left, was killed in a shooting on Wednesday. WDBJ

The station confirmed that Parker — who just turned 24 — and photographer Adam Ward, 27, were killed.

The Franklin County Sheriff Department told NBC affiliate WSLS 10 that three people had been shot in the incident at the Bridgewater Plaza in Moneta, Virginia. The search for a suspect was ongoing, according to officials.

Anchors choked up on air as they confirmed the tragedy. The station's general manager, Jeffrey Marks, said Parker was "was everything, and brightened up every room, and no matter what was going on."

"How can this individual have robbed these families, the families of Allison and Adam, of their lives and their happiness and their love for whatever reason?" an emotional Marks asked.

jesus christ what a terrible story

did this happen this morning ?

yup at 6:40am apparently

one of my employees is from that area and she said that they were there to celebrate the 50th anniversary of that community, it's like a vacation type place with a lake, etc.

I have a gut feeling there is more to this story man..i just hope they get him alive so they can find out what really happened.

RIP..

That's just too soon to leave the Earth man. Not fair at all.

Last edited:
 ‏@chrishurstwdbj
We didn't share this publicly, but @AParkerWDBJ7 and I were very much in love. We just moved in together. I am numb.

CNVp5y9WIAAbxG4.jpg

That was very bold and appears calculated, doesn't seem like it was random. RIP very unfortunate

Back
Top Bottom