Cd Sales 12-1-09 Vol. Curtis 59k Second week

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

actually, i agree with harlem.

GRODT > TBA & AG

Stop it. Just stop it. Get Rich Or Die Trying can stand on its own against EACH album. But better than BOTH? Stop it. Like Gunna said, GRODT is carried by its production and catchy hooks. Not terrible lyrics but in comparison to The Black Album and American GangsteR? Its inferior. Let's don't sit here and make GRODT something. Its riding music. Solid riding music. One of the best albums of the 00's. But take away the instrumentals from TBA and AG and I still think I can ride to Jay's +$%. You take away GRODT and just straight acapella? Wouldn't even be listenable.
Thug Motivation 101 > GRODT

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

GRODT did have 2 #1 singles... Another #3... Then the buzz of Magic Stick (which was #1 or 2)...

How yall givin Dre & Em all the credit?? In the calander year of 2003, 50 had more Billboard Top 5 singles then Dre or Em had in ANY year in their careers. (If im not mistaken)...

I know cats are willing to say anything to discredit 50, but I don't see Stat Quo, Obie Trice, Knoc'turnal, D12 and them cats with #1 hits or MULTI platinum plaques... And even if you guys are still not willing to give 50 his credit, he propelled the first G Unit album to MULTI platinum status, Lloyd Banks solo, Buck went plat, Yayo went gold, Game went MULTI...

Is that hard for cats to admit that 50 is a proven hitmaker??
Everyone knows this is all true. No one should be discrediting him. They're just saying, without Em and Dre do you really think 50 would havebeen AS popular? I know without Dre GRODT wouldn't have been half as good without the production.

50 did his thing, it might be over now (maybe not, his sales weren't bad, just ironic after he laughed at other sales), but people are just saying a goodamount of the quality of GRODT has to be given to the production of Dre. I'm not trying to knock 50, that's a great album and he can write a good song,it just got carried heavily by production.

Dre "produced" - "In The Club" & "21 Questions"... Someone else produced "PIMP" & "Magic Stick"...

And as is usually the case with Dr Dre produced records, he came up with less of the idea of either of those tracks (as referenced in the Source article withcats that produced under Dre @ that time), they were the actual onces that composed those beats, Dre later added a few sounds to them...

50 has #1 produced by producers other than Dre... So if you're trying to imply that he hasn't made hit without his assistance, you're wrong...

Dre "produced" - "In The Club" & "21 Questions"... Someone else produced "PIMP" & "Magic Stick"...

And as is usually the case with Dr Dre produced records, he came up with less of the idea of either of those tracks (as referenced in the Source article with cats that produced under Dre @ that time), they were the actual onces that composed those beats, Dre later added a few sounds to them...

50 has #1 produced by producers other than Dre... So if you're trying to imply that he hasn't made hit without his assistance, you're wrong...
That's not what I'm saying. But what do you think helped to blow up 50 more than anything else? In The Club.

Once again, I'm not trying to take anything away from 50, I give him a lot of credit, but I'm just saying, 50 blew up quicker and became a biggersensation, not solely because, but because of Dre/Em's help. That's not a bad thing, and 50 obviously had what it took to get noticed with his mixtapesand such, and I'm sure he would have been signed eventually, I'm just saying I doubt he would have been aspopular without them.

I'm not even trying to argue this as my point, I'm just trying to help spread logic of why other people are arguing this Dre/Em thing. At least I thinkthat's probably where they're coming from.
laugh.gif

Once again we have someone bringin up the factors of Co-signs and career guidance...
as if Jay didn't take advantage of the same.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Once again we have someone bringin up the factors of Co-signs and career guidance...
as if Jay didn't take advantage of the same.

If you're talking about me I didn't bring this up. Other people did. I was just trying to make it clear/understand where they were coming from.

And why the %*%+ is Jay brought into every single argument in every topic ever?
laugh.gif

50 had a nationwide buzz... He toured the country off a mixtape (simular to what Drake did this year)...

Of course a Dre & Em co-sign helped, but the deciding factor was the ACTUAL music... Both Em & Dre have co-sign artists before and after 50, yet nonehave had the amount of success that 50 had...

Dre produced maybe 2 or 3 records on Massacre and that album sold quite well... So I don't think you can just point to Em & Dre and say they are thesole reason for 50s success...

GRODT is better than both of those albums (TBA & AG)... Of course admitting that on NT is taboo cause "No ones better than Camel"...
Son shut up seriously, u stay throwing out the most ridiculous opinions. Sometime u say some poignant sh-- but 70% of the time its nothing but bscoming from you.

HOTR, i just wanted to congratulate you for successfully changing the subject to a subject that you knew you would win on "50 respectfully selling alot ofrecords on GRODT" from the subject you sounded completely moronic on, "50's Before I Self Destruct" sold zilch compared to a big name likehimself should be selling. No matter the fact that his album leaked a month early, his single was not impressive, i dont even think it hit top 10 onbillboards, and compared to other chart toppers, there was hardly any buzz for this album to begin with, does not even excuse the fact that 50 Cent will NOT beable to hit gold with this album. His album sales AND buzz as an artist have not been consitent, they've gradually decreased with the passing years. Learnabout patterns. 50 and gonna LL everyone on some "Dont call it a comeback" steeze.
You can't except the fact that no one is really checking for your favorite artist anymore. That's whats the sad thing about this whole thread.

ummmm hmmm like clock work.... 50 trains his street team in distracting from the orginal point very well

trying to shift Curtis sellin 59K....to an actual argument on GRODT > TBA n AG....smh

I came in here to share my condolences on Curtis Jackson's musical career....

not spit on his grave by minimizing his career comparing it to the likes of a superior artist

50 cent fans should realize its not always approriate to bring up Jay-Z in ery 50 thread....where at a freakin funeral for cryin outloud...smh

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

50 cent fans should realize its not always approriate to bring up Jay-Z in ery 50 thread....where at a freakin funeral for cryin out loud...smh

That's funny because every time I enter a NaS thread, I already know I'm gonna see the same 5 people bringing up Jay.

I dislike 50 about as much as anybody on this board right now...but u can't downplay his music the first couple of years of his run...

There wasn't one thing that can overlap another about why he blew like that...

It was just a perfect mix...of quality street music...image...the right team...beef...the times...push by Jimmy...and the cosign of Em and Dre.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

I could have sworn a argument was being made that GRODT was better than TBA or AG.

You could argue either side, all 3 are great albums IMO.

It's not like he said that Curtis > TBA + AG.

Some of you get so mad because people don't agree with your POV.

At the end of the day 50 ONLY made 1 GREAT album... 7 yrs and only produced 1 great album.. his only legacy are his sales thats why he clings onto that somuch, people like Nas, Jay and etc legacy is their MUSIC, thats the difference between 50's career and others.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

At the end of the day 50 ONLY made 1 GREAT album... 7 yrs and only produced 1 great album.. his only legacy are his sales thats why he clings onto that so much, people like Nas, Jay and etc legacy is their MUSIC, thats the difference between 50's career and others.

Power of the Dollar was really good.

He also had the mixtape game on LOCK back in the day.

Harlem dude. With dre and em there would have been to in da club or wanksta so cuts his slaes in 1/2 off the bat. Secondly without that credability that camewith dre and em that woulda meant 50 woulda sold 5 worldwide at best. Secondly where in from The South, nobody know who Curtis was until Wanksta dropped.

This nothing more than the SAME arguments being brought up from the LAST thread...

Cats act as if Curtis career is based soley on the marginal sales from BISD... If that makes his career over, what about the 85% of rappers that willultimatley sell way less??

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Harlem dude. With dre and em there would have been to in da club or wanksta so cuts his slaes in 1/2 off the bat. Secondly without that credability that came with dre and em that woulda meant 50 woulda sold 5 worldwide at best. Secondly where in from The South, nobody know who Curtis was until Wanksta dropped.

Pretty sure Dre and Em had nothing to do with Wanksta.

This nothing more than the SAME arguments being brought up from the LAST thread...

Cats act as if Curtis career is based soley on the marginal sales from BISD... If that makes his career over, what about the 85% of rappers that will ultimatley sell way less??

Other rappers don't talk about sales like he does.

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Cats act as if Curtis career is based soley on the marginal sales from BISD... If that makes his career over, what about the 85% of rappers that will ultimatley sell way less??

Other rappers don't talk about sales like he does.

So because he's infatuated with numbers, we're gonna judge him purely on the numbers he does...?

grin.gif

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Lando I'm pretty sure dre mixed it and besides it was released on the 8 mile soundtrack which helped get it exposure.

Musically, Dre and Em had nothing to do with Wanksta.

Yeh, Em put it on the 8 Mile OST to help get exposure but Wanksta still would have existed without Dre and Em.

Back
Top Bottom