Celebrate NikeTalk's 20th anniversary with us in Portland, OR, Saturday December 7th!

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
ntlive-2019-date-b.jpg

Our community will celebrate its twentieth anniversary this December. To mark the occasion, Nelson C Nelson C , HellaSteph HellaSteph , jumpmanst jumpmanst , and other members of the NT family, including some Nike alums, will gather in Portland, OR in Saturday, December 7th.

If you'd like to join them, check in and let us know!

The exact location of the meet-up is to be determined based on the number of likely guests, but suggestions are welcome. Like previous NikeTalk Live events, this is not a "sneaker convention," but a community hangout event where you can relax, hang out with fellow community members and sneaker industry veterans, grab a drink, and share your favorite memories from the past two decades.

We're excited to commemorate twenty years of NikeTalk with you.

Nelson set up the original NikeTalk message board up on December 7th, 1999.
I had the honor of making the first ever post a day later when I registered, on the 8th, and we opened NikeTalk to the public on December 9th, which is the date we typically celebrate and consider NikeTalk’s anniversary.

But it makes more sense to organize a meet-up event for a Saturday than a Monday, and the 7th is a very special date in NikeTalk history, as it commemorates the site’s creation.

Cool. Maybe we should do regional meet-ups that day as well.

Philly NT Summit in the downtown area? :nerd:

I have an update for everyone planning to come through:

The meet up event will be held at

The Modern Times Belmont Fermentorium and Sky Lounge
600 SE Belmont Street
Portland, Oregon 97214

From 2-4 PM this Saturday, December 7th.
Just ask to be seated with the NikeTalk group.

If you're in the area, stop by and celebrate 20 years of NikeTalk with other community members, including NT's founder, Nelson C Nelson C , and industry veterans/alums.

I hope you all have a great time!

When I heard about this a few weeks back, I instantly was excited to partake. My company party is also the 7th, but I told my wife is rather attend this. Was hopin to meet Chester, and Cali, and Noskey, few of the others in the area.

Then 11/18 happened, and.......yeah. My wife (who I've been with for 23 years since we were teen agers) lost both of her parents in a car accident. Sounding like the other driver was drunk. That car also lost a 4 year old little girl. All bad man....just all bad. My wife was extremely tight with them. How tight? They had just left our house after spending the night, 15, maybe 20 minutes later......

She will never be the same. Never. Her whole world is shattered. I can't leave her yet, and she isn't really in the mood to go out.

I'm sad to miss out, somethin so close to where I live, but somethin like this....ya know, changes you. Still, hope all y'all have a great night and hopefully y'all will post pics and stuff on here. We have quite a few out this way, hope everyone else can make it. :nthat:

My condolences, CP. That’s awful and so unfortunate.
Can we pool together some money and ship Ninjahood out there?

When I heard about this a few weeks back, I instantly was excited to partake. My company party is also the 7th, but I told my wife is rather attend this. Was hopin to meet Chester, and Cali, and Noskey, few of the others in the area.

Then 11/18 happened, and.......yeah. My wife (who I've been with for 23 years since we were teen agers) lost both of her parents in a car accident. Sounding like the other driver was drunk. That car also lost a 4 year old little girl. All bad man....just all bad. My wife was extremely tight with them. How tight? They had just left our house after spending the night, 15, maybe 20 minutes later......

She will never be the same. Never. Her whole world is shattered. I can't leave her yet, and she isn't really in the mood to go out.

I'm sad to miss out, somethin so close to where I live, but somethin like this....ya know, changes you. Still, hope all y'all have a great night and hopefully y'all will post pics and stuff on here. We have quite a few out this way, hope everyone else can make it. :nthat:
I’m sorry for your loss, C CP1708 . You and your family will be in my thoughts, as well as those of everyone in attendance.

Although you’ll be missed, you’ll be where you’re needed most.

I’m sure that there will be plenty of pictures and other content from the event, and we’ll have an anniversary thread so that all of us who can’t celebrate in person will have the opportunity to share our favorite memories and look back at our twenty years together as a community.

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear about your family’s loss! Would have loved to meet up and chop it up about movies man! This is def the best opportunity for me to do any sort of NT meetup, as I feel like most peeps are on the east coast. But you never know. Maybe we’ll meet at the 40 year reunion :lol: :lol:

Mannnnn, definitely wanted to fly out! I'm in the process of wrapping up a divorce and I have the kids this weekend.

Safe travels to all that are going out. Have a good one...

Mannnnn, definitely wanted to fly out! I'm in the process of wrapping up a divorce and I have the kids this weekend.

Safe travels to all that are going out. Have a good one...
Tell the airline the kids are carry on luggage and make it happen bro :nthat::lol:

My deepest condolences, just terrible, terrible, news. I don't know what to say. My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Condolences to your wife on her loss

Back
Top Bottom