Cell phone etiquette

Good point too but I feel like it's just basic common decency regardless of how boring the conversation is.
Nah, b. **** your small talk. Elevate it to medium talk or soak in my silence.

Not gonna suffer through anyone's boring personality just because they exist.

Nah, b. **** your small talk. Elevate it to medium talk or soak in my silence.
Not gonna suffer through anyone's boring personality just because they exist.
:lol:
I can definitely understand that point of view too given some of the 'small talk' I've endured at times.

Edit: Like when someone starts off talking to me about the weather, I can't say I'm not tempted to just facepalm in silence and walk off.

I was a nursing student for about a year though (forced to drop out due to surgery and onset of chronic illness) so boring conversation was just something you had to be unfazed by, especially in the geriatric ward or nursing homes. Can't let a patient feel you're bored by what they have to say.
I enjoyed my internships with the elderly but often you're not exactly getting the most riveting dialogue no matter how hard you try.

Last edited:
yeah around certaincoworkers i bring out my phone cause i know i don't want to hear or engage in anything they have to say.
when im around my actual friends and family i never bring the phone out... i never feel the urge to either.
although, there are times where i wish i had taken a photo or video of some moments in my life. it would be good to revisit those every once in a while. i have a homie who used to record a lot of videos of the homies hanging out when we were in the military. this was before all the social media. we hated it then but now we all wish we could find those old videos.

yeah around certaincoworkers i bring out my phone cause i know i don't want to hear or engage in anything they have to say.
when im around my actual friends and family i never bring the phone out... i never feel the urge to either.
although, there are times where i wish i had taken a photo or video of some moments in my life. it would be good to revisit those every once in a while. i have a homie who used to record a lot of videos of the homies hanging out when we were in the military. this was before all the social media. we hated it then but now we all wish we could find those old videos.
Personally I just feel absolutely zero attachment to pictures or videos of past events. The only thing I really take pictures of is if I'm at a museum or something along those lines, see some nice art, ...
Things that would be hard for me to fully recall otherwise.

Personally I just feel absolutely zero attachment to pictures or videos of past events. The only thing I really take pictures of is if I'm at a museum or something along those lines, see some nice art, ...
Things that would be hard to fully recall otherwise.
well, to put it in to perspective we lost a close homie, so we tend to try and grasp any and everything about him that we can. we found an old video of him that had us all laughing our asses off and it made us want more of those videos.

well, to put it in to perspective we lost a close homie, so we tend to try and grasp any and everything about him that we can. we found an old video of him that had us all laughing our asses off and it made us want more of those videos.
Makes sense. I'm just an emotional flatline in general, when I was in elementary a close friend and classmate of mine died in a tragic accident but those old pictures and tapes don't really do anything for me.

It doesn't bother me as much even I pass by a family at a table and they're all on the phone. Idk I'm used to it or just stopped caring and lost hope in humanity altogether.

Makes sense. I'm just an emotional flatline in general, when I was in elementary a close friend and classmate of mine died in a tragic accident but those old pictures and tapes don't really do anything for me.

I was there at one point in time but I generally enjoy looking back at the pictures whenever someone shows me.

I just get annoyed by long picture taking processes, especially when people are trying to find the "perfect picture."

Back
Top Bottom