Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail for slapping his lawyers butt

i know what contempt of court is, but have trouble seeing how his actions fall under that category. even when he did it, it wasn't like he was jumping with joy. it was minor, subtle, and shouldn't be noteworthy.

while it may have been in bad taste, she still could have accepted the plea deal, then added on hours to his community service or added a fine. my problem is with her completely rejecting the plea deal, and sentencing him to 30 days in jail for something she was about to let him do community service to resolve. that's where i think she overreacted and abused her power.
put yourself in her seat.

you just saved this dude from REAL jail time and he does something as stupid as slapping his lawyer in the ***. Extra probation and community service doesn't cure that, he needed to be taught a lesson.

Same thing needs to happen to Chris Brown. He has these chances ands still can't stay out of the news headlines.

lets get one thing straight. she didn't save him from anything. his attorney and the DA did that. she just got done telling him that his attorney did a great job, and he congratulated his attorney. when he pat his attorney on the butt, he did it like football players do as a sign of appreciation, thanks, congratulations etc etc. she misinterpreted that as him horseplaying in a courtroom and flew off the handle. it was exacerbated by people in the courtroom laughing which she was clearly upset about. she even said "the whole courtroom was laughing".

i know what contempt of court is, but have trouble seeing how his actions fall under that category. even when he did it, it wasn't like he was jumping with joy. it was minor, subtle, and shouldn't be noteworthy.

while it may have been in bad taste, she still could have accepted the plea deal, then added on hours to his community service or added a fine. my problem is with her completely rejecting the plea deal, and sentencing him to 30 days in jail for something she was about to let him do community service to resolve. that's where i think she overreacted and abused her power.

Contempt of Court = judge can interpret it anyway he/she wants.

"You gave me the finger? I'm holding you in contempt."
"You flipped your hair at me, I'm holding you in contempt."
"You talked to your lawyer while I was addressing the court, I'm holding you in contempt."

Judge has endless discretion.

Contempt of Court = judge can interpret it anyway he/she wants.

"You gave me the finger? I'm holding you in contempt."
"You flipped your hair at me, I'm holding you in contempt."
"You talked to your lawyer while I was addressing the court, I'm holding you in contempt."

Judge has endless discretion.
and that should raise questions about that judges judicial temperament or lack of

just as this particular issue has done here on these boards and elsewhere

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the part where dude sexually assaults her but maybe it was in another vid and not that one.

Judge was negligent though.

Child being around was just foul.

She was taken to a separate room outside the courtroom..
Title is misleading then. I was expecting dude to sexually molest her body in the same courtroom as the judge and for the judge to ignore it (while the child was right there).

Messed up situation but I expected worse.

Dude was the one with the power trip. Judge as I said was negligent. Once she said no and she wanted a female to frisk her, should've ended there or just held her in contempt until a female showed up.

Last edited:
did i say you were or weren't :lol:

i asked you a question.

Well then, no. I'm not okay with judges having that type of discretion, Who would be?

I agree that people should act accordingly when in court, But I don't think we should bow down to judges and kiss their feet because they're wearing the robe.

Mike MIller
sick.gif

lets get one thing straight. she didn't save him from anything. his attorney and the DA did that. she just got done telling him that his attorney did a great job, and he congratulated his attorney. when he pat his attorney on the butt, he did it like football players do as a sign of appreciation, thanks, congratulations etc etc. she misinterpreted that as him horseplaying in a courtroom and flew off the handle. it was exacerbated by people in the courtroom laughing which she was clearly upset about. she even said "the whole courtroom was laughing".
you obviously dont know how the court room works. The judge has the final say so on ANY plea agreement handed to them. 

They can add to the terms of the plea agreement as they see fit or in this case...reject it.

He's not on the football field, he's in court.

At this point, you're just arguing to get a point across.

Cartune, myself and countless others have already explained that, although she overreacted, it's till his fault for being an *** in COURT.

And it's funny how some of you NTers are acting as if you wouldn't respect or "kiss ***" in court. I dare any of you to treat a criminal court proceeding like you're typing. All of you will be in jail...with Chad 
laugh.gif

This is why minorities will continue to be the butt of all jokes and stereotypes. If you're not giving everyone passes, you'll go to any lengths to justify actions and blame it on the "woman abusing her power"

Last edited:
So Chad , a profession athlete, beat a woman. Idc how crazy this bird was. If you get caught up in a relationship with a female like that, then it's on you to control your temper. Ol boy headbutts her
laugh.gif

Gets no jail time. Probation.

Violates his probation.

Again, gets no jail time until he opts to act like a child in the courtroom.

So yall dont think a guy who beats his wife and then violates his probation deserves a quick 30 day bid? Because I do.
If he would've got jail time for headbutting his girlfriend, fine.  If he would've got jail time for violating his probation, fine.  But he didn't, so I don't see how that's even relevant to this case.  He got jail time because the courtroom laughed when he slapped his lawyer's ***.  No other reason.  So don't even try with the "guy who beats his wife deserves jail time" crap, that case wasn't about him and his wife, it was about his probation, which the judge didn't feel he deserved jailed time for after violating the terms.  Judge was on a power trip and is a piece of **** scum.  Nothing else need be said.  I really hope karma gets that judge back in the worst way.  She doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us decent human beings.

As for the new video that showed up, another judge being a piece of ****.  The court marshall and judge deserve to get fired.  Another case of people with a title that let the power get to their head.  I'll be glad when another Chris Dorner goes off the handle.  These corrupt *** people need to be shaken up some more
mean.gif

according to espn

McHugh noted that in a previous hearing Johnson had put his arm around a female prosecutor's shoulders, prompting the prosecutor to tell him twice not to touch her.

Back
Top Bottom