Chances of acceptance from college...*Transfers*

just had a quick question, im a sophomore transferring into another college. i applied but got denied to their school of business, but they differed me whichmeans they are offering me acceptance under another Major i chose comp sci. i have about a 3.1gpa and they are looking for 2.5+ are the chances of me gettingin good after being differed? < general*if a student gets differed will they have an easier more likely chance of admittance*

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

must be your sig
laugh.gif

deferred*

did you get denied or deferred, it's confusing in your initial post. if you got deferred, then you're still on the waiting list, and can get a spot inthe business school if enough students, who got in, decide not to go. if you were denied, then you'll have to wait until next year to re-apply.

it also depends on the college...which college are you applying to? did you come from another college or university or a community college? is the 2.5 gpaminimum for the computer science department or for the business school? at my school (UNC Chapel Hill), the business school focused heavily on GPA, so i wouldtry to work really hard this semester to get your grades up before applying for next year. you may also look into taking some classes in the business school,so you'll be familiar with some professors or teaching styles before you begin. good luck!

-waystinthyme

Back
Top Bottom