changing fire red 3's into katrina 3's

the paint chipped on my fire red 3's (as expected), so i just picked up angelus paints, fire red, white and black (the last one for my chippedspiz'ikes) and i'm now thinking about doing a conversion job, since the katrina's are so nice.

basically, i want to change these

aj-fire-red-iii-rd.jpg

into these

24cs5rl.jpg

any tips, advice or abuse before i take this leap?

You will prolly get better answers in the sneaker art, but to lighten the elephant I would use acetone and for painting use angelus like you said.

its funny to me that jb would put a shoe on a retro card that was never even released to the public....i probably wouldnt buy em even if they droppedthough....im done with 3s until they fix the midsole paint issues

Originally Posted by dtb00201

its funny to me that jb would put a shoe on a retro card that was never even released to the public....i probably wouldnt buy em even if they dropped though....im done with 3s until they fix the midsole paint issues

3332061171_1042a1c74f_o.gif

firstly, no one here notices jays, let alone can spot a fake. it wouldn't bother me eve if they tried to.

secondly, i've seen a good tip in here for lightening the elephant print. personally i prefer the darker version, so i'ma hold off to see what it lookslike all painted up before deciding.

the only problem i see is the colour of the inner material. fire red is grey while katrinas are white.

i'll report back here how they turn out. thanks for the replies.

those would have been a great colorway to have if they were released in stores..
smh.gif

btw, show pics of final product
smile.gif

Originally Posted by northsideboss82

I agree with bdis1986,you have to be kiddin me with that ignrant statement,you should be banned out of the jordan forum for saying that,if JB ever released that katrina retro 3 thats featured on there website that is showed on here,there would be staright mayhem everywhere as far as sneakerheads go,thats like saying i wouldnt want any other retro thats displayed on there site that is just for show,and that are mainly the ones everybody wants,you can fool yourself but your not foolin us at all.
wink.gif
eyes.gif

Banned for expressing an opinion??? Wowzers I wonder if that's what happened to me
laugh.gif

I don't like those Katrina 3s at all and wouldn't be interested in coppin them whatsoever.... I guess I just fooled you
wink.gif

What I would like, however, is buying Air Jordans that don't have to be repainted/restored a mere two or three years after releasing.
I've got OG XIII that need nothing but repainted pods and wouldn't even need that if I had been more careful wearing them.

But these 2007-09 Jordans you almost gotta touch them up coming out of the box... extra glue spots, pre-yellowed, pre-creased and the like.

To the OP, good lucc with your project, I just hope you're doing it cuz u want to and not because the integrity of the shoe failed and/or was compromised.

I remember a few people trying the acetone trick out shortly after they released. You might have some luck checking out the Sneaker Art forum..

^ those already lok better, i like them and cant wait to see if they come out that good, if so i might cop a pair myself and do it!

that looks so clean.

i was going to reccomend you talk to a customizer about this, but i forgot his SN =/
I'm trying to find his email or something. he's big on NT, he customized a lot of 3's and 4's because those are his favorite shoes.

^Nice start on those, I'll be interested to see the final outcome

Originally Posted by northsideboss82

I agree with bdis1986,you have to be kiddin me with that ignrant statement,you should be banned out of the jordan forum for saying that,if JB ever released that katrina retro 3 thats featured on there website that is showed on here,there would be staright mayhem everywhere as far as sneakerheads go,thats like saying i wouldnt want any other retro thats displayed on there site that is just for show,and that are mainly the ones everybody wants,you can fool yourself but your not foolin us at all.
wink.gif

you are an idiot and i don't even know why i am responding back you because you obviously did not read the second half of my post.....i dont care if theyrelease them with nike air on the back.....until they stop painting midsoles i am done.....why am i going to pay over $150 for a shoe when the paint is goingto start chipping off from casual wear after a handful of wears.......it has nothing to do with me not liking how the shoes looks.....its a dope shoe and ifthey started to dye the midsoles again i would be all over these....i love 3's

and since i am sure you need a visual

***these are not my pics

Originally Posted by dtb00201

its funny to me that jb would put a shoe on a retro card that was never even released to the public....i probably wouldnt buy em even if they dropped though....im done with 3s, 4s, and 8s until they fix the midsole paint issues
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom