CHARGERS/RAIDERS NEARLY MAKE A DEAL...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-471/Report--Chargers--Raiders-nearly-made-deal.html
Report: Chargers, Raiders nearly made deal

October 14, 2008 10:05 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

In the summer of 2007, the Oakland Raiders did the unthinkable -- they made a trade with Denver Broncos, acquiring defensive tackle Gerard Warren.

The trade, for a fifth-round pick, worked out for the Raiders as Warren is one of the Raiders' core defensive players. The rare trade within the division was so positive for the Raiders they, reportedly, almost did it again Tuesday.

The San Diego Union Tribune is reporting that the Raiders and Chargers were close to finalizing a deal that would have sent running back Michael Bush to the Chargers for a second-day pick. The Raiders, according to the report, pulled the deal late.

It says here that was the right decision. The bruising Bush, who is a receiving weapon out of the backfield, has untapped potential. The Raiders don't want to see him reach that potential with one of their rivals.

CBS reported Sunday that the Raiders were shopping both Bush and fellow running back Justin Fargas. Monday, Oakland coach Tom Cable said he didn't believe that was the case.

For San Diego, Bush would have given them a big, bruising running back they don't have. This would have been a steal for the Chargers. Perhaps that's why Oakland didn't make the deal.

Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers, Gerard Warren, Michael Bush, Justin Fargas, Tom Cable

Sort comments by: Most Recent | First Posted

Michael Bush on the Chargers would have been nice. Definitely over Jacob Hester that's for sure.
laugh.gif

^
The Raiders pulled out last minute. Smart move for once.

Chargers would have had a steal if they got Bush from the Raiders.

damn man Davis is really not going to stand for any attempt at a running game is he. I think they need Bush, it doesn't bother me that they were shoppingFargas around, I thought that was going to happen sooner. Hopefully they don't get rid of him for another draft pick.

I agree, Bush would have been nice in San Diego, you know, a running back who breaks tackles and all.

I kid I kid

Originally Posted by vctry20

damn man Davis is really not going to stand for any attempt at a running game is he. I think they need Bush, it doesn't bother me that they were shopping Fargas around, I thought that was going to happen sooner. Hopefully they don't get rid of him for another draft pick.

I agree, Bush would have been nice in San Diego, you know, a running back who breaks tackles and all. I kid I kid
Don't kid.

I completely agree with you and I'm a Chargers fan. Granted, LT isn't playing phenomenal right now and isn't putting up the fantasy numbers peoplewant, but my personal opinion, dude is charmin on the first hit and will go down. We're missing Burner bad now that he's killin' in the ATL.

I dont know, I was watching a montage of almost all of his carries from the Miami game, and dude was getting hit in the backfield after two steps, have faithin ol' boy

I'm saying this as a Raiders too, not because I know he's going to torch us like he does every year, but when he gets a full head of steam goingforward, he's a slippery cat

Ill take dudes word for it when he said he was hurt in last years AFC championship, think about if he got seriously injured and you guys would be playing withLT and Merriman

Originally Posted by vctry20

I dont know, I was watching a montage of almost all of his carries from the Miami game, and dude was getting hit in the backfield after two steps, have faith in ol' boy

I'm saying this as a Raiders too, not because I know he's going to torch us like he does every year, but when he gets a full head of steam going forward, he's a slippery cat
No doubt, I have faith. But with him playing injured he isn't his old self. He was never the type of back to just go up the gut and smash.He's a workhorse/finesse type of back.

LT, although playing injured, is still productive. But just watching him at the game this past Sunday at the Q, dude was just going down after first contact.He isn't as elusive as he used to be with this toe injury. Just gotta get him to the bye week and hopefully he gets some rest on that toe.

I always wonder if dude is really still injured this season, or just when he has a bad game because of the swiss cheese %*! O-Line, the commentators are soquick to be like "blah blah blah he isnt 100%"

%!@! it though, if the Raiders got rid of Bush I would probably have to take a hiatus as a fan

Originally Posted by acidicality

I can see Fargas being moved soon...if they can get a good deal out of it.

I wouldnt consider the offseason soon. Thats not soon at all.....and thats the soonEST!!!!
laugh.gif

I agree, Bush > Hester

Bring back Natrone Means

BUT if they needed a bruiser...umm, just use Tolbert?????

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by acidicality

I can see Fargas being moved soon...if they can get a good deal out of it.

I wouldnt consider the offseason soon. Thats not soon at all.....and thats the soonEST!!!!
laugh.gif
Who knows...they might try to move him mid-season if there's a can't miss deal out there.

i wouldnt mind Bush to see if he worked out for the Chargers, dude was a beast at L'Ville.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

We almost traded Bush?
smh.gif

I'm saying. Obviously he's the odd man out here. I don't see us moving Fargas, not with the hit we would absorb in the cap.

The only way I'm trading Bush to the Chargers is for their starting LT or Olshansky.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

i wouldnt mind Bush to see if he worked out for the Chargers, dude was a beast at L'Ville.
frown.gif
That senior year could have been something special...

Back
Top Bottom