Charles Woodson to get defensive MVP honors?

Last night (1/10/10) on ESPN, while reviewing the Packers and the Cardinals game, Tom Jackson referred to Charles Woodson as the defensive MVP. About 2 minuteslater Chris Berman said Charles Woodson is in the running for defensive MVP.

So, was it a Freudian slip by Tom Jackson? I believe Revis should get this honor as there are no adjectives to describe his play on the field this season.

Of course. He's up there, but i'm not sure if he's going to get it though.

Gonna find out Weds... The Broadcasters have been backing Woodson as the DPOY for the last month or 2...

Could go either way though.

i havent watched woodson too often this year. i've seen revis do SERIOUS work.

this is a tough one tho...

I saw Woodson's #'s yesterday...didn't know he was doing that
pimp.gif

Revis won. Nah all jokes aside I think fitz ended it for wood yesterday (even tho he could've been called for 2 offensive pass interference) Revis has notgiven up anywhere near 86 yards and 2 TD's to anyone this year and is still playing in the postseason

why should postseason performances influence votes? isnt this award for the regular season? am i missing something here?

If the Cards game don't screw him I can see it from a numbers point of view. But I don't think him and Revis share the same responsibilities on theirrespective teams so Wood got more stats overall

Back
Top Bottom