Charlotte, NC?

any one from this city? i need some info on the colleges and some things to do in case I visit, maybe even a few places I gotta go for some kicks or clothes?

EDIT: hows the population there, as in how many purple people, blue people, etc., etc.,
smile.gif

Yeah .. AirAnt23 is a Mod for the Music forum and I believe he's from the Charlotte/Raleigh area. But to answer you're question, I go to school at WakeForest University that is located in Winston-Salem, which is about an hour north of Charlotte. I've been into the city a few times during my time atschool. It's very nice; very modern looking. My friends and I didn't have any problems finding good restaurants when we went down for Wake's bowlgame this past Christmas.

What schools are you checking out? I'm not sure of the schools in Charlotte, but the one's that I know in the area are: Wake Forest, Winston-SalemState, Dickinson, and then of course Duke, UNC, and NC State. I know Emory is somewhere in NC .... not sure where though ...

I'm not to sure of what to do while you're there. You can check out a Bobcat's game and there is a pretty sweet amusement park, Carowinds, on theNC/SC border. If you can find tickets, Jay-Z is coming April 5 and Kanye is coming May 8 & 9. I've heard that there's a few shoe spots inGreensboro, which is an hour or two away from the city, but Hanes Mall, which is very close to me (an hour from the city) is the largest mall south of D.C.It's one of the nicest malls that I have been in, but they just have FTL, FA, Champs, FINL. The Footaction there get's just about every limited shoe,including all of the Jordan packages.

I think that's about everything you asked for, PM me if you have any other questions.

there is a lot to do in charlotte......i got a couple friends who go to school down there

I attend Winston-Salem State, but have fam in Charlotte...make sure you check out SouthPark Mall..They have an Urban Outfitters there and it is
pimp.gif
.....ButSouthPark Mall is for straight ballers (its out in the burbs) Just like dude said above, Carowinds (theme park) is on the NC/SC border..And hit up Tryon Streetin Charlotte (downtown), always stuff to do down there and plenty of good eats....

Plus, right before you come into Charlotte is Concord, NC...They have a shopping center called Concord Mills..The polo outlet there is freakin bananas......Madpolos for decent prices....and they also have SAKS 5th, Banana Republic, Nike Outlet, etc...

Charlotte will be the next metro city like DC, Chi, or NY....just watch.

And the women are nice...Black, Asian, White, Indian, everything you could ever want...

Schools -UNC Charlotte, Queens University
tired.gif
and an HBCU- Johnson C. SmithUniversity...

There is also some school downtown by the Carolina Panthers Stadium..Johnson and Wales (Culinary School)

YO! ^ It's a pretty cool city for young professionals. Ask my man OUChris - he's chillin. This city is over ran by cats from everywhere BUT Charlotte.(to my dismay, of course) But for a young cat on the come up, it's a wonderful place to be. I'll say to young minorities though, don't expectAtlanta or D.C. when you get here. And it's better that way, IMO. No need to get caught up in black saturation. This place is on the fence of small townand big city, mostly because the "city" is large but the metro isn't.
(its out in the burbs)
Not so much really. It's actually about 5 miles from center city. And Charlotte is undoubtedly the greatest city on the eastern seaboard.

To Southeast, this goes... DF!!!

I know Emory is somewhere in NC .... not sure where though ...

Naw fam, Emory is in the heart of Atlanta....

Not trying to thread-jack, but what's the life like for young professionals in Charlotte? What's the market like for Human Resources? I'mthinking about moving up there next year from Augusta.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
(its out in the burbs)
Not so much really. It's actually about 5 miles from center city. And Charlotte is undoubtedly the greatest city on the eastern seaboard.

To Southeast, this goes... DF!!!

You must drive fast or be from Charlotte
laugh.gif
...But Charlotte ispoppin....I'm from Ohio and one trip to Charlotte (Cricket Arena) and the females had me think twice about movin back home... The females are beyond thickand mad friendly..make u wanna
smh.gif
devil.gif
smokin.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
...all @ the same time...

YO! Yeah, home slice. Born and raised. And if you were in Cricket Arena - I can only guess a combination of Jeezy, Fabolous, Fat Joe, Boosie, Webbie, and RickRoss.

Interesting facts about Cricket Arena. It was the original "Charlotte Coliseum" prior to the Hornets coming here. The ACC tournaments used to beplayed there. And in 1955 Elvis played the joint and it was the largest dome in the world.
tongue.gif
DF!!!

What they know about Independence Arena Ant?????

You already know!!!!

South Charlotte in the building!!!!!

My ears were burning.

I've got nothing but good things to say about Charlotte since I moved here. I live Uptown. In terms of universities within about 30 minutes, you've gotCharlotte itself, plus Winthrop probably 20 minutes south. Davidson is a little more than a half hour north (maybe more like 45 minutes?).

But anyway, I really do love it here since I moved in July.

YO! ^ Davidson's not that far north. It's about 15 mins (if that?) from the Harris Blvd. exit. DF!!!

YO! ^ Davidson's not that far north. It's about 15 mins (if that?) from the Harris Blvd. exit. DF!!!

They're easily found nowadays. Just look for the young'n bombing 3-pointers and you've found the right place.
roll.gif

If it is Asia that goes to ECU and runs/ran track, then yeah...

Which Danielle you talking about??? The AKA wit the forehead????

Why you hate Harry P Harding????

YO! Asia that went to WCU and ran track.

Danielle, the AKA at NC State, with the huge... chest.

And the emphasis on University is just a bit annoying, really. That's all. DF!!!

Scurry?

Yeah.....those (.)(.)

Very Nice.....

And yeah, WCU....My bad...

Both of them were like a year or two behind me....

YO! Most definitely. Chest game crazy. Go to church with me, ain't seen her in a minute though. And Asia stopped giving me play over some trash.
tired.gif
DF!!!

YO! Most definitely. Chest game crazy. Go to church with me, ain't seen her in a minute though. And Asia stopped giving me play over some trash.
tired.gif
DF!!!

smh.gif

Bad Business my dude....

Track Chicks bodies
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom