Charlotte, NC?

"YO! ^ I hate that school.DF!!! "

Aww Cmon Ant why U hatin..!

HUHS C/O 2008!!!

Im WSSU Bound Now Tho....!
Ready To Graduate!

But yea im also in the charlotte area also been here for 9 years so i also know the area...!

Originally Posted by JCHoops

"YO! ^ I hate that school.DF!!! "

Aww Cmon Ant why U hatin..!

HUHS C/O 2008!!!

Im WSSU Bound Now Tho....!
Ready To Graduate!

But yea im also in the charlotte area also been here for 9 years so i also know the area...!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You know Lakeem??? He transferred to Prep school, but he played ball last year....

YO!
Track Chicks bodies
pimp.gif
devil.gif

I know. I wanted to cut, something vicious.
tired.gif
And withDanielle, she souped me up one day at church making sure I was coming to her house for dinner. Her people invited my people. I figured she wanted my company. Ipull up and see some big NC State football playing @%*!$ at the door.
grin.gif
Even more sour, they excuse they selves early to hit the movies. Now I'm still there with my Mom, her parents and her little sister.
indifferent.gif

It's all good JC. I'm alright with Harding. Just ain't no David W., you feel me?
smokin.gif
DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Track Chicks bodies
pimp.gif
devil.gif
I know. I wanted to cut, something vicious.
tired.gif
And with Danielle, she souped me up one day at church making sure I was coming to her house for dinner. Her people invited my people. I figured she wanted my company. I pull up and see some big NC State football playing @%*!$ at the door.
grin.gif
Even more sour, they excuse they selves early to hit the movies. Now I'm still there with my Mom, her parents and her little sister.
indifferent.gif

It's all good JC. I'm alright with Harding. Just ain't no David W., you feel me?
smokin.gif
DF!!!

laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Damn bruh.....I woulda been in the house mad as hell....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Yo where yall go out in Charlotte? Ive been hittin up the Queen City a lot here recently been goin to Grand Central mostly. I plan on movin there this summerafter I graduate. Someone hit me up with the scoop on the job market, any good sites to post a resume or to find jobs. I'll have my bach. in BusinessAdmin. Thanks!!

Charlotte's straight. I've been here a year and a half, and I don't have too much to complain about. I love the fact that is fast growing andexpanding every day. Club scene is mediocre for the urban crowd but there are plenty of things to do. We get a lot of R&B concerts, and some hip-hop androck. The women are on point but I've yet the find the fat booty dimepiece that I thought I would pull when I moved here, just a couple of plain Jane'sand thick hoodrats. I see a lot of bad broads when I go to church (University Park, Oh My Goodness), but I'm not religious so I don't go very often.

In my experience, the job market here is solid. You might want to look into contract work if you can't find a permanent job.

I live in Fayetteville from NYC and I went to Charlotte for the first time on Monday cause i had front row seats to the Bobcats game.....We only had like 2hours before the game so we were just driving around for a while....I liked it a lot....seemed like an classy city (central Charlotte). Seemed like there was alot to do there. I might look into moving there after i graduate next summer....I know they are the main city for banking type jobs and im majoring inaccounting so im sure there are plenty of opportunities there.

Are any of the high rises there apartments? It was hard to tell but i think i saw a blue looking building with balconies so i assume they were apartments...Iwould love to live back in the city.....How are the houses and stuff outside the city....we came from US74 and i didnt see that many neighbor hoods....just alot of car dealerships and shops and restaurants lol

YO! 74 is basically that... The dealership strip. It was once the main drag, mad business but the lanes had to be widened when the metro got poppin'. Sonot very shopper friendly. Dealerships are about the only thing that withstood.

And I'm pretty sure I know which building specifically you're talking about. The condos uptown are really about to jump off. Gentrification in fulleffect. Gonna be a young person's city in a few short years. DF!!!

Originally Posted by jrp44

I live in Fayetteville from NYC and I went to Charlotte for the first time on Monday cause i had front row seats to the Bobcats game.....We only had like 2 hours before the game so we were just driving around for a while....I liked it a lot....seemed like an classy city (central Charlotte). Seemed like there was a lot to do there. I might look into moving there after i graduate next summer....I know they are the main city for banking type jobs and im majoring in accounting so im sure there are plenty of opportunities there.

Are any of the high rises there apartments? It was hard to tell but i think i saw a blue looking building with balconies so i assume they were apartments...I would love to live back in the city.....How are the houses and stuff outside the city....we came from US74 and i didnt see that many neighbor hoods....just a lot of car dealerships and shops and restaurants lol
There are a couple of apartment complexes downtown, but almost all of the high-rises are condos. If you want to live downtown and aren't ready tobuy something, some cats will rent the condos out. Just make sure you got a roomate, cause them joints are like 1200 a month. The are various residentialneighboorhoods to live in but for most people, it's either North or South of downtown, West Charlotte is definately hood and East Charlotte has a lot ofhood type areas but there are some decent ones too.

Yo Ant, have you heard about the Epicentre? That looks like it might be sick when it get's up and running. Retail, restaurants, bars, condos, the whole 9.

YO! ^ We got our crew of guys at the Ritz. It's on the same corner as the Epicentre. I been looking at that joint everyday. That one bar is gonna have themechanical bulls and all that. It's looking good. But it's a wrap when we finish up that Ritz. DF!!!

i live in charlotte, we have about 5 malls, population is nice, hit up wikipedia if u want more info

i'm from NY...
i'm not gonna say bad things about charlotte, because i respect ppl and i know most ppl in this thread are from charlotte and nc but there is no waycharlotte will be on par with NY within the next 4 decades, lol.

anyway, i'ma stick to positives about charlotte.

nice weather
women look great
lots of places to eat
southpark mall is dope
trees and stuff

thats about it. the job market is not so good IMO. the economy overall in the u.s. is bad as you know but the economy in the south....in comparison with thenorth...eh. but you're just visiting, iirc, so you're good. there's not really that much to do in charlotte in comparison to ny or some of theother cities out there but charlotte is not those other cities. charlotte is charlotte and has some nice things going for it.

worth a visit IMO. kanye is coming on the 8th like somebody said.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

There are a couple of apartment complexes downtown, but almost all of the high-rises are condos. If you want to live downtown and aren't ready to buy something, some cats will rent the condos out. Just make sure you got a roomate, cause them joints are like 1200 a month. The are various residential neighboorhoods to live in but for most people, it's either North or South of downtown, West Charlotte is definately hood and East Charlotte has a lot of hood type areas but there are some decent ones too.

WESTSIDE lol born and raised. I love my city. I lived in Chattanooga, TN my junior and senior year of high shcool and moved back as soon as Igraduated

Originally Posted by debs 168

thats about it. the job market is not so good IMO. the economy overall in the u.s. is bad as you know but the economy in the south....in comparison with the north...eh. but you're just visiting, iirc, so you're good. there's not really that much to do in charlotte in comparison to ny or some of the other cities out there but charlotte is not those other cities. charlotte is charlotte and has some nice things going for it.

I don't know about this. Not that it offends me or anything -- I'm employed and all -- but you've got to keep in mind the cost of living ispretty nice here, real estate is cheap, and people just keep coming here in droves. It's crazy the number of people moving here. I mean you mention NY, andit's obviously not that, but it probably costs half or less than half of what it costs to live there.

It's a nice mid-sized city in my book. I doubt I could afford to live in every city in the downtown area, but I can in Charlotte.

what do you do, though? that might have something to do with your opinion on charlotte. if you are into banking or marketing then charlotte is for you.
if not, you're better off elsewhere.

ppl talk about the cost of living in the north but with the higher cost of living (which is not really that much higher than parts of the south), there arebetter opportunities to make more money. there are better jobs in the north, period. if you are actually getting off your butt and looking, you will findsomething. here in the south? specifically nc? not so much. you could be looking and looking and not find anything for months. i live in an apartment and therent is around 800 a month. my commute is like 15 min. i'm straight. at the same time, i could be in NY right now paying like 2-400+ more in rent butmaking better money (but of course i would have a longer commute). and of course the area that i live in wouldn't be as nice. but in a few years you wouldbe able to afford some place better.

also the scene is much better in the north. there's other factors that make living in the north better than living down here, though. thats another thread.i'm definitely biased because i'm from the north, but i just feel like there's so much to life and you can't really experience it down here. iknow i'ma catch a lot of heat for that statement, though.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by debs 168

what do you do, though? that might have something to do with your opinion on charlotte. if you are into banking or marketing then charlotte is for you.
if not, you're better off elsewhere.

ppl talk about the cost of living in the north but with the higher cost of living (which is not really that much higher than parts of the south), there are better opportunities to make more money. there are better jobs in the north, period. if you are actually getting off your butt and looking, you will find something. here in the south? specifically nc? not so much. you could be looking and looking and not find anything for months. i live in an apartment and the rent is around 800 a month. my commute is like 15 min. i'm straight. at the same time, i could be in NY right now paying like 2-400+ more in rent but making better money (but of course i would have a longer commute). and of course the area that i live in wouldn't be as nice. but in a few years you would be able to afford some place better.

also the scene is much better in the north. there's other factors that make living in the north better than living down here, though. thats another thread. i'm definitely biased because i'm from the north, but i just feel like there's so much to life and you can't really experience it down here. i know i'ma catch a lot of heat for that statement, though.
ohwell.gif

Actually, I'm not in banking or marketing. (If you look at the sig/avatar, you'll have a pretty good idea.) Most of my friends that have moved hereare actually getting into teaching, where there's evidently an abundance of jobs. Look, Charlotte isn't New York. To be honest, that's fine withme. Would I mind living in New York? Nah. But Charlotte is more my pace. I get to live in the city, but it's not completely insane. I feel reasonably safeand I feel like it's an affordable place to live. To each his/her own.

"You know Lakeem??? He transferred to Prep school, but he played ball last year.... "

Yea i know him personally (lol). Me Ryan Carter (plays for JCSU now) and Lakeem used to hoop at the DOWD YMCA over the summer. Both of them are Beast!

"It's all good JC. I'm alright with Harding. Just ain't no David W., you feel me? DF!!! "
Yo Ant I can digg it..

Originally Posted by JCHoops

Yea i know him personally (lol). Me Ryan Carter (plays for JCSU now) and Lakeem used to hoop at the DOWD YMCA over the summer. Both of them are Beast!

Tell Ryan Smiley said what up

YO!
here in the south? specifically nc?
Let's be specific to Charlotte. As far as the South goes... Charlotte's among the best, far as I know. And to this comment:
i just feel like there's so much to life and you can't really experience it down here
I think everyone's biased to "home" but if you flip the coin, there are so many things to do that given where you're from youjust don't find interesting. I believe this would be the case for anyone who moves to another region than where they grew up. DF!!!

Crazy, how this thread hasn’t been active in 10 years. But, I’m thinking of visiting my friend in June. Is there anything fun to do?

Back
Top Bottom