cheap videogames

so i took a bunch of video games back to the store...got enough to cop a game..got alan wake...was terrible..took it back.
i dunno what to get...
way of the samurai 3 looks dope, but ive also never played red dead redemption...

any suggestions? i dont care if its old, i just wanna play something fun till 2k drops...

what genre you talking?

Afro Samurai
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Borderlands
Brutal Legend
Burnout Paradise
Darksiders
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
FEAR 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Mirror's Edge
Vanquish
gimme a genre you like and we can narrow it down

GTA Vice City. 4.99
pimp.gif

destroyed gta iv when it came out.

i was thinking way of samurai because i wanted to play a long rpg style jawn...and i wanna cut people

red dead looks dope too....

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

destroyed gta iv when it came out.

i was thinking way of samurai because i wanted to play a long rpg style jawn...and i wanna cut people

red dead looks dope too....

If you wanted a long rpg get fo3 or fonv..... I had both since the release dates and still play it.... Dlc adds a ton to it too

Red Dead was cool if you're into the Rockstar/GTA series...a little too much story for my taste. Not as good in a rural setting either. Basically substitute countless cars and a full arsenal of weaponry in GTA for a horse and vintage guns and you get Red Dead...I'm sure they'll make a sequel and upgrade (that horse meter thing drove me nuts). Takes a while to get from A to B.

You want an RPG?

Pick up either
Mass Effect 2 (shooter/RPG)
Dragon Age: Origins (action/RPG)
Blue Dragon (JRPG)

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

You want an RPG?

Pick up either
Blue Dragon (JRPG)
I felt like the first Dragon Age was better suited for the PC with its gameplay and 2 did a better job for the consoles.

i did the same thing you pretty much did, bought mvc3 full price sold it to my gamestop tried out red dead redemption it was okay till i got tired of its repetitive missions. sold that back and got mgs3 beat it in couple days. i would say go for batman arkham asylum or red dead redemption.

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

You want an RPG?

Pick up either
Blue Dragon (JRPG)
I felt like the first Dragon Age was better suited for the PC with its gameplay and 2 did a better job for the consoles.
I too felt DA was better suited for the PC which is strange because I don't game much on the PC nowadays. And I bought DA2 but I haven't played it yet but I hear it suffers from being oversimplified compared to Origins to cater more to the console players. That and the repetitiveness of reusing dungeons, etc. Origins is still a hell of a game on console though OP and definitely worth checking out.

Red Dead Redemption is highly overrated, @#$# got boring way too quickly.

OP listen to me on this, cop Mass Effect 1 AND 2. You will not regret it I promise you. Hands down two of the best games I have ever played.

OP listen to me on this, cop Mass Effect 1 AND 2. You will not regret it I promise you. Hands down two of the best games I have ever played.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

You thought Alan Wake was Wack?

son, the controls were so @%$, it was stressful....
the sprint button turned into "dodge" when enemies came....

i took the game back after my character gets drugged, runs from the fbi into the forest without even a flashlight....

takes 45 minutes and a couple of pointless deaths at the very end of the level because i didnt see how to get over the fence...

to find out i walk into a door and jump out the back window, only for 45 more minutes of running/dodging through the forest.

the batteries not giving you MORE light (just faster), makes it gay where you dont even have to use them, if youre beasty enough

not enough bullets...very very bland "fighting" engine....no actual aiming....

for as story centric as the game was, and it was cool that it was set up like a miniseries....

the story and writing were WEAK...the graphics were the best thing about it.

i mean, after the 2nd level youve done everything you do in the game lmao

took it back, wanted to like make a wrassler, go through, talk !#%+ behind the stage, hit cats with chairs for talking reckless....got wrestlemainia legends...

took an hour and a half to make a wrestler, edit his entrance, etc.

go to start a career...THERES NO CAREER MODE

roll.gif

Fallout is an RPG? looks like a FPS from what i saw.....mass effect has a horrible fighting engine too, at least, when i played it on PS3....

red dead has that "dead eye" engine that looks entirely too dope....ride by shootings? 

the way of the samurai 3 is said to have alot of faults/limitations....but they have an instant kill setting i would really dig...1-15, instant kill? kill bill type of deal.

id hunt down tenchu but i hear its EXACTLY the same as it was on ps1.....

flores wrote:
get red dead redemption. join my posse 
nerd.gif

roll.gif

bet. ill prolly get it since its 10 less than the way of the samurai...which came out in like 2009-2010..they still want 35 for it....

if the engine is like GTA, i'll be pretty  
pimp.gif
 right off bat...i got up to like a level 8 or 9 on GTA multi...accused of cheating, etc.l

Red Dead is a great game but the online play is lacking.. Once you beat the story mode which i beat in under a week the game will become completely worthless... I'd suggest trying to borrow that game instead of buying.. On another note I enjoyed Dragon Age Origins and would recommend it.

grand theft auto san andreas
pimp.gif

if you got a ps2, go get final fantasy X. one of the best games i've ever played

get batman.. plain and simple. that way you will have the game finished right before the next batman releases

Red Dead you can't go wrong. That story will catch you.
If you havent played Batman Arkham Asylum or Oblivion
you might want to get up on those before their new titles drop

Back
Top Bottom